Need a quieter pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimT

My Savage 4.6 is too loud for my wife and my neighborhood. What is the quietest pipe you guys have found for this engine? I may have to get rid of it otherwise :bang:

I have heard the Tsais side pipe pro and the vantage carbon fiber pipe are quite pipes but I couldnt tell you from my own experience just other peoples suggestions.

Does your neighboorhood mow there lawns in the summer and spring and fall Thats not much quiter. I say screw it... U pay to live there too gust like everone else Get your wife a truck also so she can play then she would accept it (mabey) anyway a quiter pipe might rob allot of your power don't GET RID OF IT just find somewhere else to drive it my friend

Bah!! what good is a quiet monster truck?!?!? LOL

bigger, faster, stronger, louder...all the makings of a great truck...

put a ribbed pipe on it then rip across the neighbours lawns, atleast then the noise will be low down on ur list of worries!

the tsais side pipe pro make a higher pitched noise which is quiter than a hpi tuned pipe

Do you have one of these pipes? How is the performance of it compared to the HPI polished pipe? As i am also thining about one of these. Thank you for answering the question on hand and not just saying a monster truck is susposed to be loud, a monster truck can be silent and still be fast and have the power you want; loud doesnt always mean power and speed.

yeah i have the tsais pro and the hpi polished.

i haven't ran the two together for a really extensive comparison but i did notice that the tsais pipe had slightly less power when i switched them. not by much though. i use the hpi one just because of taste, not because it is better.

try and pick a cheap one up on ebay might be the best bet to get a feel for the difference. i ran mine on a hpi k4.6 engine. don't know how it fairs on other ones.

Do you have one of these pipes? How is the performance of it compared to the HPI polished pipe? As i am also thining about one of these. Thank you for answering the question on hand and not just saying a monster truck is susposed to be loud, a monster truck can be silent and still be fast and have the power you want; loud doesnt always mean power and speed.

Yes...it's called silent but deadly! :passgas:

It's a respectful developement and I respect my neighbors. I know y'all are kidding but it's a serious concern for a lot of people.

I have a 140 acre park in my backyard I can run it in but for tuning and a quickie run I like to run across my front yard and in the street.

Maybe I'll try the Tsais if there are no other suggestions.

Thanks,
Tim

Yes...it's called silent but deadly! :passgas:

It's a respectful developement and I respect my neighbors. I know y'all are kidding but it's a serious concern for a lot of people.

I have a 140 acre park in my backyard I can run it in but for tuning and a quickie run I like to run across my front yard and in the street.

Maybe I'll try the Tsais if there are no other suggestions.

Thanks,
Tim

I have to watch my running around my house sometimes as well, I don't want to tick off one of neighbors either; the police station is only a block away ;)

lol. our neighbors have NEVER said ANYTHING about it being loud.most of them come outside and watch.

some of ours come out to watch but we have and old couple next door so we try and move away from the house out of courtesy.

manners n all that! :)

I hear ya I was kidding(mostly) anyway U could buy a dule exhaust pipe run that for like a few tanks (there VERY loud) then put your othere pipe on then it will seem quiter YA KNOW any way my buddy had a dule chamber pipe that was adjustable u could set it for more high end or low end power it was allot quiter I cant remember the name tho I think it was ivex or something like that (sorry I wasnt any help I ll shut up now )

I'm glad i don't have to worry about stuff like that my nearest neighbor is 15 acres away. :)

I live in apartments and there an alley behind my apartment so I just go behind there I had a few complants but I don't care everybody sucks (most people don't care they like it)

A CVEC pipe...yeah, I heard of that one b4 too but they are pretty salty.

:marks: :marks: :marks: Hey runover i thought you were gonna "shut up" :getinmybelly: lol. I am in the middle of moving so i really don't care what my neighbors think. The high school kids come by all times of the day blasting music. So its all fiar.

i have a hpi ribbed pipe i don't care how loud it is our neighbors are like a few miles away.
4x4

my neighbours like to watch especially with the kids hell they even turn it right way up for me when i roll it
:DJjam: :DJjam:

i live in an apartment and everytime i fire it up i hear doors and windows slam. i just keep running it unless someone comes up to me and asks nicley and has a good reason like their kid is asleep. but for the most part people don't mind to much. better then people spinning tires and crankin their radio up at midnight.

nah, nice and loud!!! what about the cone thing being put in the exhaust, or put some steel wool inside the exhaust, to act like proper exhaust sound deadening material, but dunno how quick it'll clog with oil and power losses, idk, to be honest.

yeah me either it wouls clog pretty quick though i would imagine i left the cone out of mine louder is better (yes officer that is a road legal exhaust on my bike)

I just want to say Timt. I used a hose kinda like surgical tubing but much thicker on my savage. It had just as much power still popped wheelies. But the sound was greatly reduced.. so much you could run this in your neigborhood. Its like a stinger just a little longer and it makes it a rear exhaust. P.M. me I have this tubing at work its very strong and its clear. I'll give you some for free bro just so you don't have to get rid of your ride.:patriotism:

Members online

Back