Need a new engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

As most of u know I allready have the surefire .32 I have 4 gallons through it (still runs really good,and rebuilt once.) I just don't know how much more abuse from me It will take.. I might have the sleeve pinched but I know it will cost allot of money to buy new bearings,crank,con.rod, and piston and sleeve... I really don't know if its worth it to rebuild it when she finnily dies... WHAT DO U THINK??.. anyway give me some suggections on some engines that u think compare to the surefire (if any) Thats for helping if u can :motorcycle:

Check out the OS .30, a little less power, but will last a long time. I know they had bearing problems, but they have since been fixed. The other option is the Axial .32. I have not had the opertunity to play with the .32, but I know my Axial .28 has been flawless. It is by far one of the best nitro engines I have owned in 20 years. Really it comes down to what your preference is.

I really want something reallible I seen just today a oz.30 on eay for 150 it was used tho he said it had only like 5 tanks through it and hasn't been broken in all the way ( I really don't want a used mill tho) my buddy as the axial .28 Hes running the 7 inch flam style tires and he can't pull wheelies (probably his tunning) do u think my nova head thats on my surefire will fit on the axial .32 I head there like then same ??????

I really want something reallible I seen just today a oz.30 on eay for 150 it was used tho he said it had only like 5 tanks through it and hasn't been broken in all the way ( I really don't want a used mill tho) my buddy as the axial .28 Hes running the 7 inch flam style tires and he can't pull wheelies (probably his tunning) do u think my nova head thats on my surefire will fit on the axial .32 I head there like then same ??????

I am not sure about the nova head, best to e-mail nova and ask them. They could tell you for sure. As for the Axial, It is probably the tuning, gearing or it could also be a worn clutch, loose slipper etc. Mine will flip my truck on it's lid every time quite violently, and I run 17\47 gears and HPI GT-1 tires. He should be wheelying all day with that motor.

Check out this site. They dyno all these motors with the same fuel, pipe etc. and here's their results. The Axial actually has slightly more power than the Surefire, but that isn't the best part. Look at how smooth and linear the powerband is versus your current mill. I think you would like the Axial.

BTW: this shows REAL HP numbers, not that B.S. the manufacturers put out as specs.

http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/Engine Database.htm

Another thing I found interesting is the comparison between the K 4.6 and the Axial .28. Most people think they are the same motor, but they only share a crankcase design lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I will email nova and find out they will probably say that it wont so i have to buy another head If anyone else knows 4 sure hit me up people...

Hey komodo67 what about the .46 ?????

no, I meant they didn't dyno the .46.....I was curious to see how it rated...

are there any spec on that mill????? at least does anyone have one ????

Latest posts

Members online

Back