need a hand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iknownothing

Nice day opened it up a bit for some long jumps and some air.hit the ground on all fours and heard a snap shut the engine down and the truck will roll forward and reverse about six inches then wheels lock tranny looks good is this the diffs?truck is a savage 4.6 still all stock

imo i would definitely get BP diffs. iv had mine a while now and never looked back, Before i got them i was chewing up a diff every other weekend!!

i did replace the spur gear cause it was loose and melted the back of the gear so i tightened the slipper all the way 1/4 out was this to tight what usually blows a diff?

tighten the spurgear 100%
then 1/4 back

hold the spur manually real tight
push truck bac on high traction surface.

slipper should start to give slightly (if Not) then back spurgear off another 1/4 and retry etc

Maybe not a differential. Maybe the clutch bell is hitting on your spur gear. I had the same problem. It would only catch the spur gear when I was pushing the truck backwards. Check it out maybe?

If you have the funds, and you are thinking about going to bulletproof diffs, I have found that eBay has complete bulkheads with BP diffs installed - just drop on arms, outers and shocks from your existing ride.

Just be careful since you may need the XL dogbones and outers (a good upgrade anyways)...

Bob

I don't think that is a diff it it makes the truck lock up solid. Easy to look in the skids w/o ripping down the whole thing. Clicking yes lock up no... look to bent motor plate and CB issue posted above.

i did replace the spur gear cause it was loose and melted the back of the gear so i tightened the slipper all the way 1/4 out was this to tight what usually blows a diff?

On this subject .... Most of us here 89% run the trucks with the spur locked fully down (no give) but you cant land on throttle or brakes. Let off and you wont break parts. Let the savage crash if its going to. It will hold up fine if its in neutral, gas it and snapo ! DO this even if you have BPS and a loose slipper. It will save you allot of money and time ...

Last edited by a moderator:
here is the front diff there was some damage a few small pieces of metal were stuck in the grease haven't had a chance to look over the rest of the tuck but the rear diff looks good

are these bp diffs? on hpis website the two diffs pictured one looks very different this diff says its the newest diff and the price is tbd

my lhs had onehpi pt # 86030 looks exactly like this but no gasket and no grease other then the 10,000 wt grease but not the thick green grease that was on the outer part of the case so is their a comparable grease ?lhs wasnt sure.

haven't had time to pull any of the truck apart.but the clutch bell looks spaced right and motor mount doesnt look bent

that is not BP no there was a HD diff that has the same pitch gear but is machined steel. BP has a different tooth pitch

I don't see damage there, small pics though. How is the pinion in the back of the bulk?

Last edited by a moderator:
replaced my front diff truck works fine .

are these the bp diffs i would need http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102692/

also why do i see some do different weight oil in the front and rear and whats the benefit.

i was also looking at big bores but like the losi shocks as well are these considered the same as big bores and will they fit stock shock mounts?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back