N20 injector vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

Heres a very very short video of the n20 injector, It got dark on me by the time I got my truck out. Also no one around to hold the camera for me, sorry abut the quality, it is the only cam I have that has sound that works.

All I am doing is from an idle is hitting the n20 button, not touching the trigger at all, this is with the #4 reed valve installed.

videoplay

Nice audio file :hardlaugh: But no seriously though just by the sound along from just the injection w/o throttle that sounds mean.

Maybe you can solve an arguement with my buddy and I. I said those n2o injectors use 12gram nitro cartridges and he says c2o. what are they?

i know, No big deal, just thought it was funny. really when you think about it n20 is 2 nitrogen and 1 oxygen, and c02 is 1 carbot and 2 oxygen, you would think c02 would have more oxygen than the other...

i know, No big deal, just thought it was funny. really when you think about it n20 is 2 nitrogen and 1 oxygen, and c02 is 1 carbot and 2 oxygen, you would think c02 would have more oxygen than the other...

That's exactly right. N2O is 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part oxygen whereas CO2 is one part carbon and 2 parts oxygen. There is more oxygen in CO2 when compared to equal amounts of N2O... Is there a science major in the house that can confirm this for us?

Yes there is- I will have the Wife tell me later today lol
Dave

Yes!

That's exactly right. N2O is 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part oxygen whereas CO2 is one part carbon and 2 parts oxygen. There is more oxygen in CO2 when compared to equal amounts of N2O... Is there a science major in the house that can confirm this for us?

My Wife the big know it all -lol says that all parts of this statement is correct!.
you get an A+!!!!
Dave
:resp:

I was 99% sure it waas correct, C02 is carbon dioxide, which is 1 carbon and di(2) oxygen. I just don't know why they don’t call it dinitrous monoxide.

I know water is for H20 is dihydra monoxide I saw this on an episode of Penn and Teller's show called BS. they mad a petition they took to a environmental rally and had people signing to ban the use of dihydra monoxide, everyone but 1 person signed the petition banning the use of this dihydra monoxide without even asking what it was. It was funny when they told them.

I guess the thing is when they are combined (however that happens) it makes something new, I guess it just happens that N20 burns??? Otherwise C02 would be a better oxidizer than N20, and its not.

The reason CO2 is not a good oxidizer is because it does not readily let go of it's oxygen atoms. CO2 is a covalently bonded molecule and is not polar. Therefor the molecular bonds are quite strong.
N2O is an ionic, polar, molecule can more easily let go of its oxygen atoms.

As you can tell from the coherency above that Piney did not type that!
This is her theory on the subject and she (Michelle) does state that she could be wrong-however I can vouch that she is rarely wrong lol!
Dave

N20? Isn't that basically what our atmosphere is? Is it compressed air?

The reason CO2 is not a good oxidizer is because it does not readily let go of it's oxygen atoms. CO2 is a covalently bonded molecule and is not polar. Therefor the molecular bonds are quite strong.
N2O is an ionic, polar, molecule can more easily let go of its oxygen atoms.

As you can tell from the coherency above that Piney did not type that!
This is her theory on the subject and she (Michelle) does state that she could be wrong-however I can vouch that she is rarely wrong lol!
Dave

That makes sense to me. thanks, Michelle and Piney.

Crash, Yes it is a rocket, I crash almost every time I turn it on (with the #5 valve). I have a #4 and #5 valve, the #5 is too much.

I am kind of thinking about running some of the n20 using Y connectors and 1 way valves to add pressure to the tank when it hits, this way (Hopefully) it would richen up the mix a bit when avtivated???

cant wait to see a vid of it buddy!!!!!

Members online

Back