my upper arm broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodesta

should i just get a new stock 1 or get the alumium suspension set

SJ is 100% correct, I just make an alu Savage, I haven't even had it out that much and never crashed it, I don't know how this happened but I just noticed th ALU rear skid plate was bent foward pushing the bumper in towards the motor. It must have happened from doing a wheely too far . I cannot believe it messed up the skid late that bad, Plus think about the stress it put on everything else it connects to. I just cannot believe it happened that easy, worst part is I don't know when or why. Makes you think what those plastic parts are going through.

I will stick with plastic as far as parts like that go.

John

Plastic is the way to go for that type part. It gives way more than alloy and snaps back alloy wont. Plus its less likely to transfer the impact energy to something deeper in the truck as said.

Stick with plastic.

Out of the 2 1/2 years I have had my truck I haven;t broken one, though they look pretty bad they are fine and like stated above they bend then bend back unlike alum.

yep stick with the stock a arms and stuff or try the rpm a-arms they come with the upper arms to!! there stronger then stock and weigh less!! apparently they guanteed for life against breakage!!

Get these they look better and I haven't broken one, for those of you thinking they are weaker they aren't.
85066_01m.jpg

yup stick with the stock ones or go with rpm...... and don't even bother with the stock adjustable ss ones (ive found they break too easy) and i don't (think they are weaker) i know they are i have broken 2 of them.... but I'm yet to break the regular type.....and only a racer would see any benefit from the adjustability

Last edited by a moderator:
yup stick with the stock ones or go with rpm...... and don't even bother with the stock adjustable ss ones (ive found they break too easy)

never broke an adjustable ever.........

i have broken both rears on my savage xss the weak link is the threaded metal rod (thankfully they include a set of regular uppers in the kit)

I bought 2 sets of those from the same guy. He's great, yeah get that.

ya i deal with rob aka nitronutzz all the time he's a great guy to deal with and fast shipping to!!

yep i just bought it thanks guys which arms should i put on adjustable or non adjustable

ya he is a great seller ....as for which arms...... your choice..... they both do the job.but as i said in my previous post i.m.o. the non ajustable ones are stronger and unless you are a serious racer i doubt you will notice any gains from the adjustability

I do both, race and bash but I do agree they both use different setups. I do use the adjustable uppers on my racer. Never broke one but the biggest jump I hit is a triple.

Yea I have never broke a upper a arm (not yet)

:bigsmilie: lmao...... at my size (5'11" 285lb) it woulda looked like my a$$ grew wheels................yer canadian right.... here is a mental immage for ya......Rita macniell on a pocket bike :bigsmilie:

Just curious, how did you break the back upper control arms.
it was a tree jump on my front lawn theres a tree next to a slope and if you hit it right ur rc goes and does a barrel roll, backfilp depending on how you hit it. anyway i went up the tree as a quarter pipe into a backflip about 10 feet in the air straight down(didnt go all the way around) landed on my right front wheel cracking the arm and bending the dog bone as well.:10:

Members online

Back