My Truck (pic heavy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chibby

I went a little overboard at a LHS that was shutting down this week, but finished pretty much everything I wanted to do to my Savage. Thought I would share it with you guys.

The main changes I've made are

FLM ext LCG TVPS,
3 speed w/ reverse
XL drive cups
tuned pipe
big bores
sway bar
mugen tank
replace most parts that break with upgraded parts as I go

IMG_0234.jpg

i put the 40 series trenchers on for winter with a pretty stiff suspension setup to help it through the snow
IMG_0235.jpg

I got the mounts i want to properly mount the tank, i just have to bring it to work on day so i can trip and weld them to the TVP
IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

the roll cage is pretty scratched up and bend from working properly but still doing the job
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

The a arms arn't much protected when the truck sits like this. The front of the cage offers the protection to the arms then they sit level.
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

The shell is pretty beat up too. I'd like to get an XL body to fit the new chassis better.
IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0245-1.jpg

IMG_0246-1.jpg

IMG_0247-1.jpg

I still need to seal up the receiver box, and am learning about motors, as i'll need a little more power to rip around like it used to. for now it's for the weekend bashing I do, but I could always use more power.

Cool! Christmas all over again :) LoL

Did you only get the XL cups? Not any of the dogbones or outer axles? XL ones are bigger than your X's bones. Probly have some slop in there.

Before you buy a XL body, you might also want to look into a Proline LST sized body, they are alittle bigger than the savage sized ones.

Here is a MGT sized Chevy on a XL length truck (alittle longer than yours)
CIMG00802.jpg

CIMG00902.jpg

Also look into a short course body, they are nice and big. Also wider, might clear your cage better.
This one is a Slash body
Here is link to the thread as well-->>Divey's slash body on FLM EXT
DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

thanks guys, I haven't run with the trenchers yet, but if they're anything like they are on my buddies baja, i'll be pretty happy.

It's the XL axles I'm running right now, haven't had any problems yet, but didn't know about the size difference untill a few days ago when i tried to put the XL dogbones on. So i'll be adding the diff cups as well.

I've looked at a lot of bodies, but i like the look of the XL body the best. I want to proportions to be correct to the length. If i do go with another body, it will most likely be the grave digger

Latest posts

Members online

Back