My steering is WAY off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotiq

I - AM - HYPNOTIQ
Well after my tear down and rebuild i have major steering issues. It barley turns to the right. I'm gonna purchase the alum servo arm and i already did the shaving of the steering carriers Also after reading some threads something tells me to upgrade to this.
I have a Hi Tec HS-625MG that was givin to me by a friend. Do you guys think after all that my steering should be ok? Also my steering trim on the radio.. should it be set all the way to the right when i adjust my arm on the servo?

TIA!

Also my steering trim on the radio.. should it be set all the way to the right when i adjust my arm on the servo?

TIA!

The trim should be set to the center (neutral). Turn both the tx and rx on after doing this and then set the arm on the servo so that it the wheels are centered. Then try turning to the left and right.

I'll second Sparc's post, center out everything and your steering should be ok.

your servo is prob burned out if you already tried centering everything and set your sub. i burned out (3) 645mgs in less than 6 months. spend the money and get a digital. i now run the 5955tg for steering and i love it.

here is another thing after you set your trims to neutral. center position on the stock radio. Your servo arm should be at a right angle to your servo if you don't have it set up at a right angle you will get more steering in one direction than the other. I use ball studs for my steering so I can adjust the length of the rod conecting the servo saver and servo. There are many ways to do it. Some people might say not to use ball studs but I like them and if you get good ones you won't have a problem a second plus to them is they will pop off before you fry your servo so it acts as a bit of a second servo saver.

here is another thing after you set your trims to neutral. center position on the stock radio. Your servo arm should be at a right angle to your servo if you don't have it set up at a right angle you will get more steering in one direction than the other. I use ball studs for my steering so I can adjust the length of the rod conecting the servo saver and servo. There are many ways to do it. Some people might say not to use ball studs but I like them and if you get good ones you won't have a problem a second plus to them is they will pop off before you fry your servo so it acts as a bit of a second servo saver.

+1 had to re-do that numerous times!!

Members online

Back