My spur grear is in but??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

I just installed my new spurgear I followed the instructions that was put on Leslie's thread, now faceing the spurgear from the back of the truck it can be turned easily in a clockwise direction, but if I turn it in a counterclockwise direction there is resistance and if I take the truck off the ground and turn the srurgear in a counterclockwise direction the wheels will turn!!! Is this normal??Or is something wrong?
Thanks,
Motha Trucka

Make sure you have a good mesh, lines up no binding in the spurgear tooth and clutch bell. I agree with Leslies thread

Well guess what??? It actually works, I can't beleave it I know it's just a spurgear replacement but it's my first time to have to repair my truck and it worked the first time out!!! After I replaced the spurgear and followed the instructions posted on Leslies spurgear thread, I ran a tank of fuel through her, then checked the spurgear and it looks as good as when I first installed it!!?? And thanks Hoppedup Savage you gave me the confidence to try her out.
Motha

Sounds like your in the right direction. Guess What??? Confidence comes with experience....

Be careful Though! MINE was fine for like 3 tanks then thought it was fine ran er and worked for like 2 mins then POP! it sucked!

Hiya Motha,

That is exactly how mine works! Go with it. I've got 15 tanks through with no more problems on the gear. I might be running into the half tank lean issue, but I've been tweaking the hsn to compensate.

Cheers,
Leslie

Hey HPI Savage,
Did you ever find out why your srurgear pucked after 3 tanks of fuel?
Leslie,
So far I'm pretty lucky with the 1/2 tank lean issue, I have a heat gun and I check my X often and my temps are always betweem 245, and 260, I'm not real familiar with temp limits but I think those are exceptable.
Motha

Hi Motha,

I don't really know why my spur gear gave up the ghost. I suspect it was too loose a mesh out of the box. I did not think to check it. But I'm happy with the setup now. The vented bell should keep things cool, in case that was the issue.

The new issue is under investigation. I've noticed after a couple tanks and everything is very warm, the engine will start to make a funny reving sound. Almost like it's stuck in high gear (have a 3 speed). I seems to be happy if I richen it an 1/8 or so.

My temps are from 240-270 ish I'm playing with only running a half tank, either the full to half then half to empty. I have no consistent results yet.

Cheers,
Leslie

Where do you test the tems at?? I am testing on the glo-plug and it's always about 180-210 but if i move down to the case it's another stroy.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back