my savys new make over (New engine New look)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

MODS: if the pics are to big please let me know thanks.

i sent my lrp to robin on friday so in the mean time I'm putting the savy through the paces.
i still have quit a bit to do but heres what i got so far with a mock up of the motor, (used my old 21bb with my lrp nova head)
some of the goodies.
irc lst shocks
new adjustable uppers
an nice polish job on ALL the alumium even servo saver!
new cen diffs
new brake setup
rear tie rod eliminators (on there way)
more to come, i got a stainless screw kit on its way, so all the black plastic will get stainless and all the tvps will be held on with stainless.
i havnt decided if I'm keeping the stock blue lrp head on or using the nova, ill most likly keep blue untill summer. the head will be complimented with the blue stoppers on the servo are and also the blue atena tube.
i haven't decided on black or blue couplers, ill prob just get both.
its been through 2 major make overs

started as:

IMG_0045.jpg

second make over:

DSC00088.jpg

and the third as it stands now:

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

The only thing i would change is maybe your decision to go with stainless steel hardware i hear stainless wont hold up to a hard bashing. if you are going with stainless because of the color i would maybe try the ap from hexcrews. link http://www.hexcrews.com/hpi.aspx

i had a stainless screw kit, and i kept bending the shock bolts. and they are a softer metal so they have a tendency to strip. i would go with the SMF hex head screw kit. i haven't had a problem cept for my own stupidity with that kit.

theres only select places ill be using the stainless. its already on its way, if i have problems with it ill look into a different kit. i mean 20 bucks isnt bad for 200 piece kit. I'm not the biggest fan of the hex heads.
thanks for the comments keep um coming!

i have thought about using it but i don't have a carb spring and my lhs doesnt have the right kit so id have to order it, if you got links it would be great!

You can find the ofna mod supplies at SMF. Look HERE for some slider kits. You can also find servo arms HERE .

i guess i did get the right pieces ill see if i can get it together when i get home later tonight.

small update, got my rear eliminators, and my hex head stainless kit
they look very nice.
also added a ofna mod to the mix aswell.
I'm looking at purchasing a rear wing and custom fabing a wing mount, i found 2 small pieces of aluminum sheet left over from my project cj-7 383 stroker that i did for school.

small vid of it now, as you can see i get bored very easy and well ive been utilizing my new camera. enjoy.

thanks alot man. can wait for my second cen to show up along with my new radio and the lrp. got alot to look foward to!

update*****
finally got the savvy back as a roller, my second cen diff came in yesterday so i put it all back together last night, looks really cool with all the stainless screws and suck...ENJOY.
still quite a bit to do but I'm gaining on it.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

Looking good......

....apart from the exhaust !

Are you considering running that ?

Sorry, not trying to be negative here at all.

no harm done to each there own, thats why we all have our own opinions.
yup ill be running hard once i get my lrp back from being modded, robin should be getting it anyday now.
keep the comments coming guys! i like getting feedback.
I'm uploading a few more shots now....

should be getting my alumium plate and wing and mount kit today, ill be fabing up so lst mounts and wing mount.
since i shaved the knuckles when the tires are turned all the way they rub so ill make new mounts and fix that, gives me somthing to do while i wait for the motor.

also the purple bushing this on the front shock is just temp, got to wait for my second bushing kit to come in.

few more pics.

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
those pipes are killer. although i think badas s is yet to pull a wheelie with it on:lmao:

thanks guys got a few more updates, made a few lower mounting brackets for the lst's and also got my new body.

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

this is the rear upper/wing mount i mocked up, havnt decided if I'm going to cut it out or not, as of now the shocks don't need upper mounts, they sit perfect and function great. decisions decisions.

DSC00416.jpg

and now with the new body

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

and heres how the shocks sit now with the low brackets i fabed up, they make the shocks sit more vertical and also bring the springs away from the upper control arm, there perfect! right now just going to test them out when i get my motor back.

DSC00441.jpg

a short vid of the shocks at work, the rears need a heavier weight oil in them but there good for now. enjoy! LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!

http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/ii427/badasssavage/?action=view&current=MOV00439.flv

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back