My savage X the story so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker777

September 2008

Bought my first savage, it was a shiny new savage X RTR, it look like this

Photo0107.jpg

By October the 6th i had smashed the steering servo

Photo0137.jpg

and by the end of October i had bust the front diff

Photo0174.jpg

and fried the clutch

Photo0168.jpg

By now the truck looked like this

Photo01661.jpg

Then due to me having a much needed oporation both myself and the truck were sidelined for a few weeks.

Early december saw my birthday and obviously end of december there was christmas which was good because my wife got me a good deal of savage stuff of the large list i had given her :resp:

The last few days i have been busy fitting new parts to my savage which now looks like this

Photo0216.jpg

Photo02221.jpg

Photo0228.jpg

So the list of items now fitted looks like this:

Hitec HS-645MG steering servo
CEN diffs front & rear
STS 0702 exhaust
RC Raven roll cage
Full set of RPM "A" arms
RPM centre skid plate
Answer high bite low wear clutch set
13T vented CB
Parma Grave Digger body
Green shock socks

Hopefully i wont be needing much else for it, untill i break something that is.

Well its all ready for bashing at the weekend so I'm looking forward to having some vids to show you when we are done.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Thats a good looking cage but it will need reinforced on the front at the lower junction of windshield. They bend badly right there. If you have a access to a welder, add some down struts now before it is tweaked out of shape. There are some good threads on this forum about that cage and how to work it over.

Whats up Joker, glad to hear that you and your truck are both back to being fully operational. With those diffs, the RPM arms, and the Roll Cage, you should be damn near bulletproof for now. Later man, Justin.:resp:

I have been doing a little work to mine lately too, it's on a thread in here, check it out.:jamout:

good to see you and truck back up and running. Nice setup there. Vids are always welcomed.

BULLIT PROOF! yeah you would have thought so wouldnt you.
Went out bashing yesterday after spending weeks working on my trucks the X (grave digger) never got going because the slipper clutch failed instantly and for no apparent reason it was fine when i left the house and failed as soon as i tried to run, even more annoyingly i had 3 spare clutches that i had forgotten to bring with me. So i threw the X to one side and decided to run the 25 (landy body) It started after a couple of pulls and ran a treat right up untill a flip saw it upside down to long and the engine cut out. Tried to re-start it but the one way bearing had no purchase at all so it simply wouldnt start. That was it an hour n 20 min drive alot of swearing and just 3/4 of a tank of fuel used......Humpf!

The only photo of the day:

Photo0230.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back