My savage x build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosaics12

Got another savage X. This is my second savage. Got a good deal on it. The only missing parts is a tank and steering servo. :)

I will convert this to a flux. Already order the conversion at tower and savox servo since they have trade in your old servo deal. Just have to think what motor/esc to use.

I will post pics soon. Also will sell the parts that's coming out of this truck :)

:)

I'm open for suggestion and this will be my first savage build :)

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck with it cant wait to see pics.hey quick question can you post a link to the savox deal?i cant find it anywhere also sent you a pm

Put Servotradein at coupon code. What it is give you a $20 off for your old servo. When they send you the servo you have to send them your old servo.

f8fc4d87.png

1914a9e7.png

Here's my 1st savage. Bought it this past summer. I don't use much.
94387bfd.png

6fef4573.png

f1731740.png

This is the other savage that I got for a good deal
d2bb06a0.png

19e47d44.png

239789ea.png

5bc64e82.png

Here d motor I'll be using for the nitro version...just don't know what mid tank I'll be doing...might be 250cc ofna
1ace7518.png

@frddyj thanks

Anyone recommend a mid tank? This truck would be a basher since there is no tracks close to me.

Anyone recommend a mid tank? This truck would be a basher since there is no tracks close to me.

Id recommend a 150cc Hot bodies D8 or D8t tank. Its a clunk so it will run if the truck flips over upside down. Also, i dis-liked the weight that the 250cc tank adds to the front of the savage as it made it nose-heavy when up in the air.

i wouldn't chance it you want a battery with at least a 25c rating, otherwise you rise it going up in flames (and i do me mean that in the literal sence)

thanks

mid-tank have to wait have to finish this conversion first...waiting for d mail man to deliver my stuff

heres the parts from conversion

0fae622f.png

actually theres more parts included inside per bag...comes with all the screws too

heres more parts from the conversions

91889c15.png

231194d0.png

12fac54d.png

39eeaf3b.png

I'm starting assembly the truck back

44T idler gear and 44T HD spur gear
07319e7c.png

23cdab4d.png

It comes with 20T and 25T pinion gear...I'll use 20T

1a5f9d58.png

7812d840.png

fa4cc4ff.png

3a2dbf01.png

b27c3974.png

b9fa17b0.png

60226bf3.png

b9fa17b0.png

60226bf3.png

da43c882.png

06ea741a.png

She's almost finished...rebuilding my rear shocks and installing esc/motor and batt left...getting a turnigy 2s and 3s LiPo...any1 recommend wheels/tires

shes ready :)

4bd43ae2.png

662dcad7.png

8367b84e.png

08d6b550.png

next stop mid-tank for my nitro X...will do D8 tank
just have to search what parts to use...deff a flm tvps

hhmmm got me thinkin i can probably build another truck with all d parts came out between this 2 trucks :) just need a little parts here and there :)

Parts from conversion
edab75dd.png

Did you buy chance use the radio box "knob" that's in this picture? If not, would you want to sell it? I bought an X radio box off ebay and it didn't come with that knob or screw, so I can't keep the lid down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back