My savage needs 100 feet to turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpi25

My savage does not steer sharp enough as it needs 100feet to turn in a circle I you know what I should do please leave a comment

well, a lot of things. first, make sure that the servo saver is tightened the whole way.{ that's the little spring inside the chassias by the servo} then, make sure that nothing is binding{ things can get bent, wore out, or even dirt can bind the sterring} check to see that dual rates are all the way on, wich is on ur tx.{ see ur owner's manual} if it still isn't working, check the battery. things that improve sterring: new servo,install bearings in the sterring linkage, and buy a rechargeable battery pack.

Hey there is a post under chassis and suspension that will help it's trimming a few places on hub and carrier I done mine this morning and drove it earlier and can tell a big difference but I would check the servo saver and tie rods and all that rcnut14 has said hope that u get it figured out I know that the hub and carrier helped my steering

Hope you get it figured out, what those guys said should take care of it!

SO you guys really tighten the saver all the way? I ask because 3/4 through a run I guess mine backed off because it started to barely turn - I thought the servo was toast but found the saver loose. I tightened it all way, and an older Savage shock spring spacer clipped under it ( to keep it from moving!) fit perfectly...I haven't ran it yet and was curious if it would damage my servo cranked tight like that.

I tested it on the bench and turned the wheels all the way then with my hand forced the wheels back to see what would happen and the servo itself actually seems like it has a safety built in or something because after a lot of force it actually gives way but then goes right back where it should when I ease up on it - if that confuses someone I may be able to get a vid of it.

I've ran my servo saver all the way tightened for years without issue.

You still don't want to intentionally crank on the servo though, you will strip the gears eventually.

Hey there is a post under chassis and suspension that will help it's trimming a few places on hub and carrier I done mine this morning and drove it earlier and can tell a big difference but I would check the servo saver and tie rods and all that rcnut14 has said hope that u get it figured out I know that the hub and carrier helped my steering

That makes a huge difference, assuming everything else is good

Latest posts

Members online

Back