My Savage build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mondragon

Hi i know a few people here but this is my project truck ive been building for a while now. Here is whts in the truck.
hitec 945mg steering servo, hitec hs-5645mg
Kanai servo saver and bearings
Aluminum bulkheads front and rear
Crazy nuts dual brake kit
Aluminum hubs front and rear
Aluminum hub supports front and rear
Titanium trun buckles and hinge pins( lunsford punisher)
Aluminum bulk chassis braces (to replace stock plastic ones)
Spider gears hpi 4 sets in fastlane cups
ofna trottle linkage, and dynamite aluminum servo arm
hexcrews screw kit
venom temp gauge, fail safe
1400 NiMH hump pack
twisted .5 lowered and ext. tvp
mip shiny cvds front and rear
OS .30
motor saver air filter
savage X a arms
CEN shocks 8
HPI musle cvd front center
charge jack mod
savage x roll bar
various little parts
ofna clutch kit
Ford 650 body
Some pics of the truck..

newpicsjune06064small8mc.jpg

newpicsjune06066small4un.jpg

newpicsjune06070small2gu.jpg

newpicsjune06063small7gt.jpg

dsc00103small5rs.jpg

engineplatesavage011small9he.jpg

bamabash024vm5.jpg

beachbasher008oq1.jpg

that`s a nice truck!
If I may advise you; take off the stock fuel tank or install a header tank.
I strapped a 100 CC nitro mt-2 tank to my sav and it runs sooo much better.
slower idling, better throttle response, lower operating temps, starts better, MUCH more output and it holds a tune now.
I have been running my sav for over 4 hours total since I did this and I didn`t have to re-tune the engine yet.

Beach shot I like. Clean yet impressive. What's your thoughts on the OS.30? Hex screws came out with a new coated screw ( armor coat ). I have a set for the crawler just haven't installed them yet. Meaning I like Hex screws.

Great truck!

I have seen/driven/broke that truck, and I can tell you it is one serious machine. That truck handles like a dream with the Cen shocks on it. That is one sweet machine.

The OS .30 is a great motor plenty of power and tork, easy to tune. Hex Head 's are great screews only broke 1 screw.thanks for all the nice comments,,, and Jeep @ Bama Thanx guys you 2 are allways welcome to dive my truck and Break it :) Also a mid tank will end up in it once i find the tank i wana use. here's a few more of my favorite pics.. enjoy...

this is Jeep driven my truck
bamabash047pa0.jpg

beachbasher056ei2.jpg

beachbasher007dq8.jpg

beachbasher005zs5.jpg

beachbasher022nk6.jpg

beachbasher030hy9.jpg

I was just thinking the same thing Matt, awesome truck....Now I want to take mine to the beach sooooo bad....Hmmmm...Maybe in November...

can we make u a write in winner for snapped up with that th pick??!! best pic of a savvy iv ever seen!!

1 more I guess i need to make a photo album. Have some more nice pics from various places and states. But the beach pics are my favorite.Thanks for the nice words on my photos.
beachbasher010ok6.jpg

newpicsjune06065small6dw.jpg

newpicsjune06075small2nx.jpg

newpicsjune06079small2zn.jpg

newpicsjune06082small1ri.jpg

engineplatesavage015small8iv.jpg

engineplatesavage019small7jh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had lots more pics of the actual build but my pc crashed and lost pretty much all of them.oh yea did a full mod on a star .25, changed the exhuast timing and ported the sleave,changed indution timeing, cut the skirt on the piston bord, the exhuast on the block.had the spec measurements on the motor.. did a write up on rebel rc. when i get time ill post here 2. the motor is awsume, easy tune, very useable rpms from low to high. lots of power....

Thanks guys now I need to buy new a new servo for the stearing. a friend bought 1 for me but i went cheap my mistake. got a JR sport servo it was rated the same as a hitec 645 so i thought it would be ok, 3 runs later it just died, and I wasnt even bashing just playing around in the road. go figure. now i have to send it to the company, grrr. If I can ever get cought up on my finances I'm going to get new gears for my hitec 945 mg servo. maybe 1 day I can acutally drive this truck, its just barly broken in from my last updates i did.
I am extremly happy with the way this truck came out, lots of time building it rite. I have had so many complements on this truck from everyone that see's it,or driven it. Its crazy. I'm very prowed of it, still cant belive all the great feed back I have receive form every where I have posted it.

Thanks guys now I need to buy new a new servo for the stearing. a friend bought 1 for me but i went cheap my mistake. got a JR sport servo it was rated the same as a hitec 645 so i thought it would be ok, 3 runs later it just died, and I wasnt even bashing just playing around in the road. go figure. now i have to send it to the company, grrr. If I can ever get cought up on my finances I'm going to get new gears for my hitec 945 mg servo. maybe 1 day I can acutally drive this truck, its just barly broken in from my last updates i did.
I am extremly happy with the way this truck came out, lots of time building it rite. I have had so many complements on this truck from everyone that see's it,or driven it. Its crazy. I'm very prowed of it, still cant belive all the great feed back I have receive form every where I have posted it.
look on the towerhobbies wes site at the itec hs-5645mg-hightorque 2 bb mg
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDWF8&P=ML

Mondragon, please, tell me the name or give me a link of tires which are mounted on Maximizer X-75 Black.

Thanks

:newb:

Various pics of my truck.
ss005et9.jpg

s2102007054wf9.jpg

s2102007177wz3.jpg

s2102007042pv7.jpg

radiobox025pk6.jpg

radiobox034je7.jpg

s2102007003gm4.jpg

got to love this pic you can see the front tires pointint towards each other. snaped the steering bar. :)

s2102007122hl0.jpg

hey mondragon, i just got that body how much has to be cut to fit around the rollbar it just shipped to me yesterday.

well Sence I last posted on the rig, I have added Integy rear hubs, nova towers and a flm hybread bulk head.when I get a chance I ill take some newer pics. and do some reviews
best hopup are my Twistedtoys tvp's.
I will try to get the pics and reviews soon. kinda hard we are working 10 hr day's ugg... thanks for looking.

Wow welcome back buddy! 10 hour days sux-but better than 12 hours and 7 days a week-trying to make you feel better lol

Looking forward to seeing new pics.

Dave

iwanna take mine to the beach too.....scared of the cleanup! nice savy....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back