My RPM A-arms & Dynamite CVD boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Form

I installed some black RPM A-arms and some Dynamite CV-shaft boots on my Savy yesterday. Now I only need my Big Bores to arrive!

The Dynamite boots are slim and stretchy enough to fit on the Savage's CVDs. This should prevent dirt from sticking to the grease / making a mess. This was not exactly easy to install at first but after a short while you get the trick and you can install them fast. To install those, I used my Gerber multitool's pliers (this tool rocks! http://www.gerbergear.com/index.php/product/id/246) to grip one side of the boot while holding the other with my finger. This allowed me to stretch the boot over the CVD. The rubber is tough enough not to tear while this is being done, even though it seems risky I didn't tear any.

Regarding the a-arms if you ask me, it looks a lot better than the stock ones. Looks easier to clean too. I used the -2 degrees upper a-arms all around and it gives the wheels a nice camber angle which was not the case with the stock a-arm and turnbuckle lengths in the Savage's manual. Since I had not fixed those angles before changing the a-arms, I hit two birds with one stone!

Here are some pics for those interested:

Stock:
IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Dynamite CV-shaft boots:
IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

RPM vs. Stock:
IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

look sweet. can you include a link to the boots? i wonder if theyd fit over XL cups.

look sweet. can you include a link to the boots? i wonder if theyd fit over XL cups.

NO. They don't. I ordered some and tried. First the dogbones are to big and they tear. Second. The cups are also to big. Tried a couple of times and they just keep tearing. Same yourself the trouble. They don't work.

NO. They don't. I ordered some and tried. First the dogbones are to big and they tear. Second. The cups are also to big. Tried a couple of times and they just keep tearing. Same yourself the trouble. They don't work.

Since I posted this thread I also had one tear so I guess they aren't that good. Plus they are a PITA to install, particularly on the diffs. I'll probably run them until they come off or I get tired of putting them on and off.

I guess it would be way easier to just clean the CVDs once in a while.

So the XL CVDs are larger than the non-XL ones?

Since I posted this thread I also had one tear so I guess they aren't that good. Plus they are a PITA to install, particularly on the diffs. I'll probably run them until they come off or I get tired of putting them on and off.

I guess it would be way easier to just clean the CVDs once in a while.

So the XL CVDs are larger than the non-XL ones?

Yes. The XL CVDs are a bit larger and so are the dogbones. It tore first going over the dogbone then ripped right in half going over the CVDs. Tried a couple of times and had the same outcome. It is a great idea. I'm wondering if the ones they make for the baja will work.

Latest posts

Members online

Back