My PC Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

Well I need a new pc and I got all the parts picked out. My newegg shopping cart is at $1,800 Not bad for what I'm getting. Check it out. Feel free to share your thoughts on the parts.

Processor- AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 2.8GHz

Motherboard- Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

Video Card- EVGA GeForce 8600GT 256MB

Memory- CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (x2)

Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM

Power Supply- PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

CPU Fan- Zalman CNP9500 LED CPU Cooler

Thermal Compound- Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound

Case Fans- Zalman ZM - F3 120mm (x5)

Case- SilverStone TJ09-BW Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower

Monitor- Samsung 941BW 19" 4 ms

Speakers- Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts 5.1

Mouse- Logitech G5

Keyboard- Microsoft Natural 4000

Operating System- Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2

Last edited by a moderator:
5x 120mm fans! haha, nice.

personally i would say the silverstone full tower case is a bit too much seen as how you only appear to be putting 1 hard drive and bay into it, and 5 fans is alot. and maybe increase the ram to 4gb seen as how the rest of the pc is so well specced.

but pc's, like rc, is a very personal thing.

looks like a good setup, those fx core amds are nice. there new quad core fx range are just out over here.

5x 120mm fans! haha, nice.

personally i would say the silverstone full tower case is a bit too much seen as how you only appear to be putting 1 hard drive and bay into it, and 5 fans is alot. and maybe increase the ram to 4gb seen as how the rest of the pc is so well specced.

but pc's, like rc, is a very personal thing.

looks like a good setup, those fx core amds are nice. there new quad core fx range are just out over here.

I figure if I got the room I might as well make it as chilly as possible. I like the idea of 4gb seeing as it's only 64 bucks a stick, but I can add ram later. The main reason I didn't get more HD space is that it would put me over my buget. I made sure I got what I wanted and I could upgrade later down the road. Thanks for the reply poly. Do you think I can play the latest and greatest games maxed out with my setup?

Anyone have experience with the speakers I picked out?

that setup will play the latest games, but I doubt it will play them smoothely on there highest settings.

i totally agree with you upgrade plans. I aint slagging off 5 fans by any means, my last pc had far too many fans, but its hard to stop adding them once you start.

Not got much experience with speakers just now as i always just run things through my stereo, i find i get better overall sound quality that way.

that setup will play the latest games, but I doubt it will play them smoothely on there highest settings.

i totally agree with you upgrade plans. I aint slagging off 5 fans by any means, my last pc had far too many fans, but its hard to stop adding them once you start.

Not got much experience with speakers just now as i always just run things through my stereo, i find i get better overall sound quality that way.
Cool thanks poly, I see SLI in my future.

yeah, i would love to have the money to build a new pc at the minute.

there quite a few good pc games came out recently and coming out and i feel left behind.

That thing sounds killer, but I would definately already be planning a RAM upgrade, as mentioned before. Other than that, it sounds awesome. Will definately play just about any game you can throw at it right now, although the real high-end graphics games may have a little issue without more RAM.

I share the sentiment of wishing I could build another right now...I think mine is going on somewhere along the lines of 7 years old now...lol!! She's been a good old computer though for never upgrading and just being a "stock" HP build (although I wouldn't recommend an HP to anyone with the exception of their printers).

I have been running a bottom of the line dell for 9 years now and I think I deserve an upgrade. I totally understand about wanting but not being able to upgrade. My pc was bottom of the line when it came out 9 years back so I haven't played a game in a while.

I have been running a bottom of the line dell for 9 years now and I think I deserve an upgrade. I totally understand about wanting but not being able to upgrade. My pc was bottom of the line when it came out 9 years back so I haven't played a game in a while.

I hear ya. I don't think I've played a game in a long time. Between not upgrading and the fact that I haven't had time in forever, I haven't even looked at games in years. I think the last PC game I bought was probably either Diablo II w/ the expansion or Unreal Tournament 2004 or whatever it was...lol.

Since I've been out of the loop any games that I should play?

Smart purchase, FX. I have a couple of flagship PC's myself. I built one last year so I guess it's a geezer, by now.....lol. But I'm still more than happy with it. Its also an Asus SLI game machine running a dualcore AMD cpu, with 2 gigs of ram, in short. Check out the the Battlefield game series of games for one. Then there's "FEAR'. Quake 4, thats a good one. What type of games do you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya. I don't think I've played a game in a long time. Between not upgrading and the fact that I haven't had time in forever, I haven't even looked at games in years. I think the last PC game I bought was probably either Diablo II w/ the expansion or Unreal Tournament 2004 or whatever it was...lol.
Unreal 2004 is still cool, today. Great game.:10:

I like sims and fps but I'm open to other genres.

Americas Army is FPS right? I get confused on that part.........o and no G15 keyboard?

Logitech G15 is awesome.........just my .02 though

Americas Army is FPS right? I get confused on that part.........o and no G15 keyboard?

Logitech G15 is awesome.........just my .02 though

The one I picked is ergonomic, I do a lot of typing.

Ah I see.........and for the budget issue I understand............

Yeah and I don't see why I can't upgrade to the G15 later right? I had to get the G5 mouse because I already own one and like it a lot.

Yep no reason why you cant upgrade later........I have a standard mouse but I am looking to get a gaming mouse soon or when I am ready to start buying the parts for my PC

Latest posts

Members online

Back