My Octane at the park whith a swivel mount home made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you WoodiE . I try to masked my Gopro swivel mount but it's true that this is not successful :D

Thank you very much Blueovalcraig.

If you like that here is an other small vidéo.;)

The Octane can be a great truck but the engine does seem to have some weaknesses (or poor initial build quality from HPI) as 2 of us on here suffered the same snap ring failure within days of each other. I absolutely love the sound they make (think of how loud your X4.6 is and times it by at least 5) so the word Savage really suits the truck!

Don't buy new as they are stupidly expensive so I would keep an eye on eBay as they come up every now and again.

Give the X4.6 a really good go as it is a fantastic bit of kit and if you upgrade to the holy grail of the LRP engine, it will turn into a rocket ship and put the kind of smile on your face you would have had as a kid at Christmas!

i have had some issues with steering servo ( taken under warrenty by HPI ) and i ve broke two time the third gear clutch holder (HPI111094).

i' ve never had problem with the engine. It start and run correctly.

For me these Truck is little too heavy and it need a little more power to be very fun.

But if you want to try something différent , the Octane is made for you.

The Octane can be a great truck but the engine does seem to have some weaknesses (or poor initial build quality from HPI) as 2 of us on here suffered the same snap ring failure within days of each other. I absolutely love the sound they make (think of how loud your X4.6 is and times it by at least 5) so the word Savage really suits the truck!

Don't buy new as they are stupidly expensive so I would keep an eye on eBay as they come up every now and again.

Give the X4.6 a really good go as it is a fantastic bit of kit and if you upgrade to the holy grail of the LRP engine, it will turn into a rocket ship and put the kind of smile on your face you would have had as a kid at Christmas!
Would that be the ZR.32?

Yes, that is the one. The standard engine in your X4.6 will have just under 3hp and is pretty decent but the ZR.32 kicks out over 4.3hp so it is a proper beast. One mandatory addition with the ZR.32 is a wheelie bar!!!

Yes, that is the one. The standard engine in your X4.6 will have just under 3hp and is pretty decent but the ZR.32 kicks out over 4.3hp so it is a proper beast. One mandatory addition with the ZR.32 is a wheelie bar!!!
Cheers Paul. Cautious we've hijacked this thread lol. I hope we get some better weather so that I can get out with my Savage it's no use sitting in my shed only half broken in

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back