my nova .28 trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benno1312

hi there all ,
need some help firstly what fuel should i put in a nova sh .28 I'm using 16%
don't know if i need 25 % or summit like that .
i cannot set the needles correctly it just keeps cutting out at high speed or if i adjust the other way it just dies as soon as i touch the throttle and when i think ive got it spot on, as soon as i take the glow starter off it just cuts out. It has got excellent compression, don't think there is any leaks just cant get it to run smooth, it idles fine
please help me I'm at the end of my whits
i have another savage and a rs4 and i can set them up fine......cheers benno
p.s what position is factory reset for the needles on a nova sh .28

Welcome .. Use at least 20% nitro to 30% nitro ,, Were are you From and do you have any pictures of your savage?

try a new plug that one might be fouled out it sounds like,then lets see what its doing

nova sh.28

hi therre tried a new glow plug just the same
p.s will post some pics soon in the gallery and
i am from nrth east england
still need to know the factory settings for the needles or if any one knows where i can get a veiw of the manual for the engine thanxs benno1312

If its cutting out when it gets to mid to high rpm's, you probly need to richen it up a little. usally when it wants to cut out at higher rpm's it is usally to lean. like everyone else said go ahead and replace the glow plug. here are the settings fron Novarossi.

If you are in trouble with your carburetor setting, this is a simple way to get back to the initial factory setting positions.

The High Speed Needle (A) is in charge to adjust the quantity of fuel necessary for the engine when the slide of the carburetor is full opened.
For a correct position, turn the needle-valve (clockwise) until it stops. It’s the fully closed position
(WARNING: do not force it to close it any futher, it will damage the needle!).

The High Speed Needle position is approximately 4.5 turns opened from the fully closed position.

The Low Speed Needle (B) situated on the throttle is in charge to adjust the fuel flow when the throttle valve is moving with the throttle servo.
The position of the Low Speed Needle must be flush with the housing.

The Idle screw (C) of your carburetor is used to adjust the air flow when the throttle is in the closed position (minimum RPM idle speed).

It must be turned to obtain a throttle setting of approximately 0.6 mm open once the throttle valve is closed

And remeber allways tune the high end needle first, when you have it set, then adjust the low end. after that if you need to retune for the weather the low is set and you should really only have to tune the high.

here is nova's web page. http://www.novarossi.com/content_uk/products/engines/nova/offroad/28/plus/plus28-3.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back