My newest 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looker2756

I just finished up my latest project. This is a Redcat Rampage 1/5 scale 4 wheel drive. Looking forward to having a great time with it here very soon. Thought some of you guys might want to check it out. Let me know what you think.

Good010.jpg

Good6.jpg

Good1.jpg

Man thats sick. I really want a 1/5 scale 4x4. Just waiting for HPI to get out from under there feet and get one out there. If they wait to long I will get one like yours. Very awesome. Can ya post some shots of it with out the lid on?

nice looking buggy. this came up in the shoutbox a while back as an alternative to the baja.

let us know how it stands up to a good bashing.hammer time

Here are a few body off pics.. I will definitely let you know on how it does. I plan on putting it through it's paces & possibly then some.

MotoCat.jpg

MotoCat3.jpg

I also tried these beadlocks, but like the blue better.

MotoCat5.jpg

Thanks. I got this job that like the most awesome thing & tempting / trouble thing. I work at Largescalerc, I'm not advertising, just explaining why I have 5 1/5 scales & take my time when building them. It needs a few more tweaks before I run it, but it is fully functional, if I do decide to drive it. Most of my engines I build myself & this one was purchased new & has never performed the way I want it to. We shall see now in this vehicle .... Updates to follow. I been running my 5bSS right now, with an MCD Baja1000 waiting for some action too.

nice ride, please post some reports on how the redcat holds up to some abuse as i believe they are quite a bit cheaper in $$$$$ then the baja.

i,ve been hearing great things lately about redcat racing, in fact just ordered me a monsoon lol

Everyone needs to understand when you buying a china made vehicle, you can bet that certain things will not be up to par. These are no exception, but the performance of them is actually quite good. In my first run I had issues with a Rear dogbone pin ( broke / fell out ), The rear shocks had a problem that has been fixxed on the newer models already, & the trans gears failed. I also damaged the body, but have to take full credit of getting it upside down. The bodies have been made of a Polly material thats brittle. Many issue have been addressed at the factory since the first models arrived here some time ago. Check out the videos, it runs well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8S2Hvel9k&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BucUjLzxEqI&feature=channel_page

16march22part2103.jpg

19march22part2121.jpg

mescottrampages1.jpg

Had a guy bring one up to a BMX park I was at. Looked really nice and I like the 4WD aspect of it, but he never could get it running. :(

We're going to see how well it does at racing here soon. I think I have finally worked out the buggs & got it to a race reliable vehicle. Guess in 2 weeks we will find out.

bought my Redcat MT and will be racing it at the WF!!! gonna ask large scale rc and redcatrampage hop ups for advice on how to hop them up
$1,000 gets a large scale MT!!!! Thanks Redcat!

We're going to see how well it does at racing here soon. I think I have finally worked out the buggs & got it to a race reliable vehicle. Guess in 2 weeks we will find out.

how did it ever do as far as racing? i know its been over a year ago...but i just bought a rampage MT that will be here on tomorrow. i'd like to hear more about your TT though.

Thanks for this reminder. Seems I forgot about this thread ...

My TT did very well at the NoLimit event. I was the #1 qualifier in 4x4 buggy with it. In starting the A-main, I ran for 2 minutes of 20 ,& in a slight bad landing off the Large back side jump, broke a rear shock shaft end. With my NEVER give up attitude, I kept running & finished 2nd. on 3 shocks.

The list of upgrades that I did are as follows.:

All new bearings - stock are not so good.
Alloy gear plate
Cat5 drive cup braces
HPI dog bone boots
(4) MCD EVO2 Rear dog bones
HPI Shock bottoms - with custom limiters
HPI Springs ( Blue )
MCD steel C/D gears 23/26
MCD plastic A/B gears 30/30
Hitec 5745 - steering
Hitec 985 - Throttle / brake
SWB half arm steering
Vertigo extenders / HPI wheel adaptors
Proline Wheels
Hostile MiniMXv2 Tires
G270 Zenoah
HPI Air Filter
JetPro side pipe
Outerwares Pull & Air

I can honestly say that this is a good combo. Mine started as a V1, so I only have 1 steering servo vs. 2 on the new ones.

After 1st run:
1zNoLimitFriday379.jpg

During the A-Main ( Early )
zNoLimitSunday026.jpg

Big Air
zNoLimitSunday049.jpg

Trashed Rear shock pics.
zNoLimitSunday069.jpg

zNoLimitSunday055.jpg

The Ending ( These shots will get you in trouble ) ;))
3564469159_9b13cdf62e.jpg

thanks Bob...... i will keep all this in mind for sure! i really appreciate all you help! i will be talking to you in the NEAR future!

All new bearings - stock are not so good.

i see you put you replaced all the bearings.....which ones did you use? are the Baja bearings the same? and possibly do you have part numbers?

This is one HUGE advantage to having bulk bearings around the shop. Un-fortunately I don't have the sizes, but they are all easily available. You can measure the ones you have. A digital caliper is my best friend ! You will be totally surprised how much better good bearings fit, especially if you have any alloy parts. Taking the "slop" out of things only allow it to last longer & run smother.

cool....i'll get the digital caliper from work. Fast Eddy is supposed to be at the finals.......maybe the baja bearings he has will work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back