My New Savage Flux RTR or NOT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagejimbo

Hi to everyone
I'm new to electric and have just recieved my new savage flux, I unpacked it and started to check it over I have found a few problems with this one.
1/ The drive shaft with the spur gear would move in and out 1/4" .
Was not going to run like this so on to the forums to search for a solution but found no one with this problem,I decided to strip the flux down and check everything gearbox first.
Found the E-clip of the drive shaft sitting in the bottom of the case. fixed the E-clip and shimed the gears, gearbox ok now.

:hottie:savagejimbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Rtr

Checked diff's were OK, locktight the main screws on truck and done some mods to the battery casses and added some velcro straps, pinion gear Ok should be ready to go Thursday just need to glue the tyers .
I'm going to use 5000 2s 30c lipos.

Are those jconcepts wheels? and are they standard size 3.2, they look kinda big, but badlands i thought only came in 3.2? I thought i read somewhere those wheels were 3.7. I don't know, i'm confused.

JConcepts Rulux 1/8 Trk Whl 1/2 Offset Half-Ups Wht (4
Pro-Line Badlands MT Tire
Tires are taped with gafa tape on the inside to stop balloning they take a bit to streach over the rim but are nice and tight fit.

Just like to thank every one for there hints and mods for the flux, I think if I just put battres in and went bashing without checking everything it would be sitting on the shelf wating for parts now.
so thanks again for the help

Here is my next update on what I have done, thanks for the great tips Just need to fit video camera on Flux and try to get some video to post.
Red Party ballons on shocks
:bible:

Haha...That's funny. I use that same wheel/tire combo on my FLUX. I ran them @ the World Finals and they hooked up great. They allowed me to put down all the power I needed to win the long jump. I dyed mine black though since black is the new chrome.:resp: Sweet looking ride man. Enjoy, these trucks are truly a blast!!

Bryan @ SMC

Guess what , fitted the video camera this morning and it's now raining
also cut the wifes old e-savage body up to fit with the camera (wasn't going to cut my new flux body)
so back on the computer and learn to use movie maker .
Well just went out for a run with the camera had a ball on the back wheels most of the time rolled over twice no damage to the camera as I was on grass and it didn't move at all.
Come inside to put the video up guess what I didn't turn it on properly, must read the directions (If all else fails read the directions) Duh
only got 10 mins out of the batterys 5000 2s 30c but I was giving it heeps got to charge them now I will try again tomorrow.
:bible:

Haha...That's funny. I use that same wheel/tire combo on my FLUX. I ran them @ the World Finals and they hooked up great. They allowed me to put down all the power I needed to win the long jump. I dyed mine black though since black is the new chrome.:resp: Sweet looking ride man. Enjoy, these trucks are truly a blast!!

Bryan @ SMC

Opp you violated the rules give back the savage 3inch tire MIN.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back