My new project!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big worm

ok still early in the build but ive got a cpl of pics here to get the thread started...........any guesses on what i am building?????????????????? More pics comming soon!!!!!!!!

WOW i always wanted to build soon as i saw one about one mounth ago but don't have the skill to go the whole ways. this is gonna be cool as sht dam..i hope you post evet thing yo dude i got a brand new .28 onfa i think its made by picco it has a purple head on top it came off my jammin crt. never ran if you wanted for the build just pay for shipping and its yours let me know its rotto start i put lrp on my jammin . i was told the onfa .28 runs strong i have two ones off my buggy and truggy i bought both jammins at the same time.

WOW i always wanted to build soon as i saw one about one mounth ago but don't have the skill to go the whole ways. this is gonna be cool as sht dam..i hope you post evet thing yo dude i got a brand new .28 onfa i think its made by picco it has a purple head on top it came off my jammin crt. never ran if you wanted for the build just pay for shipping and its yours let me know its rotto start i put lrp on my jammin . i was told the onfa .28 runs strong i have two ones off my buggy and truggy i bought both jammins at the same time.

dude i think i will take you up on that offer!!!!!!
It will make my shopping list a lil shorter:resp:
and dave I'm sorry bout the pics......... it was late and i am not a great photographer....
will put up some better pics tomorrow......along with today's progress

Last edited by a moderator:
cool email me you address and ill mail it and you can pay me later ok lets get going on this build ...ill mail it thurs 14, cool alright big worm good luk thanks.

well here are a few more pics of my progress so far, sorry again for the bad quality but i promise that for the final assembly i will take good quality step by step pics!!!!!
i have the bottom plate cut and fitted (that paint is just a dust coat to make the marks easy to see) i did the rough cuts with a small table-top scroll saw(which i borrowed) then did the fine work with a dremel.I also have the cardboard template made for the tvp(need to get more aluminium tomorrow). Notice there in room there between the shock towers for a "rear tank" conversion!!!!! I think a big ole cen genesis tank would fit there !!!!! and i also drilled the holes to mount a stock (front) steering setup just in case i decide to ad steering to the rear rear axle. The dogbone is a stock front center from a savage (just so happens i have a cpl of spare fronts as i bought to replacement sets and have broken the rear one twice) it is just long enough to give clearance for the back (possible) steering to go full turn side to side :FarleyParty:

Bigworm there is a thread about six wheeler's here somewhere
if you need anymore idea's

lookn good

thanks for the encouragement guys....it's really making me want to finish this!!!! and it will be done soon.... well as soon as i can round up a few more parts, of course I have to thank Mike who generously donated a brand new engine for the build (btw i am still totaly floored by that), so i just have a few more pieces to round up like some, bearings a few diff parts and some wheels/tires (i hope to find some that match stuff i ive got so i don't have to buy a full set of 6!!!)....I should have all the major fab and mock-up done by tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then ill have to figure out something for a body (a stock gt-2 body leaves about 6 inches of uncovered truck out back lol) hmmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
cool email me you address and ill mail it and you can pay me later ok lets get going on this build ...ill mail it thurs 14, cool alright big worm good luk thanks.

alright mike way to help out a member bud.:resp:

Cool project, mised this thread earlier, cant wait to watch this being built!!

That duel diff inner skid plate looks like you took it off a hpi product?? great job

well i used stock inner skids as a template to work from......but the tvp extensions are totaly freehand drawn .. yup could not go with custom full lenght tvps as they are a lil difficult to do by hand.......maybe next time i do some thing like this i will do full tvps!!!!!! Oh i found a use for the extra body posts way out back... well till i find a body that is long enough.
Here are a few more pics..... still a lil rough.... but gettin there!!!!!!!!!!!!!:FarleyParty:

Man that thing is going to rock Big Worm. Hopefully you can get some videos going when you have it fully completed. Great stuff!

just a lil update...... got all the fab work done... rear steering done and functional...rear mounted (between the diffs) cen genesis fuel tank......waiting for a few more parts to arrive in the mail...... and still looking for the last few pieces........
here is what i am trying to find...used or cheep...
-3 stock savage 25 tires(i think they are called gt-s part #4464) or 1 proline 40 series bowtie or 2 mounted dirt bones....
-4 stock shocks + springs
- 6 steering bellcrank bushings.......seems like those lil buggers are not available seperate..... may have to take the plunge and order bearings for there....
- and I'm still trying to win a diff on ebay.. with no luck don't need a whole diff really just the 2 side bearings (b032),13T and 43T gears and a pair of outdrives (86064)

Buddy thats looking very good. I just wanted to let you know if you need any design, engineering help or parts cut or anything let me know.

just a lil update...... got all the fab work done... rear steering done and functional...rear mounted (between the diffs) cen genesis fuel tank......waiting for a few more parts to arrive in the mail...... and still looking for the last few pieces........
-3 stock savage 25 tires(i think they are called gt-s part #4464) or 1 proline 40 series bowtie or 2 mounted dirt bones....
- 6 steering bellcrank bushings.......seems like those lil buggers are not available seperate..... may have to take the plunge and order bearings for there....
- and I'm still trying to win a diff on ebay.. with no luck don't need a whole diff really just the 2 side bearings (b032),13T and 43T gears and a pair of outdrives (86064)

those bellcrank bearings are only a $1 each at SMF if I remember right. I would go for that instead of bushings. If you want to go for the bushings, your in Canada right, well if I can just put them in an envlope and a couple stamps I think I have some around here from when I put the bearings in, just have to find them. let me know and I will try to find them I should have 2 trucks worth.

Buddy thats looking very good. I just wanted to let you know if you need any design, engineering help or parts cut or anything let me know.

i may just take you up on that .i wanted to go with full lenght tvps and not the extension setup i have now... but it is quite a task to do without access to automated cutting...

those bellcrank bearings are only a $1 each at SMF if I remember right. I would go for that instead of bushings. If you want to go for the bushings, your in Canada right, well if I can just put them in an envlope and a couple stamps I think I have some around here from when I put the bearings in, just have to find them. let me know and I will try to find them I should have 2 trucks worth.
sure dude if ya wanna send em out it will help me get up and running sooner i probably will do the bearing upgrade eventually but for now I'm wayyyyy over budget for r/c spending for now:stickspank:

Hey big worm, I can help you out with the diff parts you need apart from the outdrives. I should also have the shocks somewhere to. The trouble is you may have to wait a week or so for it to arrive, so it might hold you up. Let me know.

BM,

I have 7 of the bushings, don't know what happened to the other one???

PM me your address and I will get them out teus (Monday is a holiday no mail)

John

big worm i have the tires they are on the stock rims thow the 25 ones chrome i have four if you want them i'll mail them to you i still have your addy.. the same ones in your pictures right.. gt 4464 let me know they have about three tanks on them still like new rims look good..if you do i cant mail them until tue 19 holiday mail closed waiting on my buku pipes i would have had them monday but the holiday alright good luck did the mill get there yet thanks ....????.

Hey big worm, I can help you out with the diff parts you need apart from the outdrives. I should also have the shocks somewhere to. The trouble is you may have to wait a week or so for it to arrive, so it might hold you up. Let me know.

that would be a help hopit ....as my lhs is even backordered on those diff parts.....just let me know how much the shipping is to canada.......

BM,

I have 7 of the bushings, don't know what happened to the other one???

PM me your address and I will get them out teus (Monday is a holiday no mail)

John
thats cool as i only need 6 to get me goin....(found 2 spares I'm using for mockup)...... pm sent with address

big worm i have the tires they are on the stock rims thow the 25 ones chrome i have four if you want them i'll mail them to you i still have your addy.. the same ones in your pictures right.. gt 4464 let me know they have about three tanks on them still like new rims look good..if you do i cant mail them until tue 19 holiday mail closed waiting on my buku pipes i would have had them monday but the holiday alright good luck did the mill get there yet thanks ....????.

that would be great mike if you did send em then i would actually have 6 matchin tires lol.........mill didnt arrive yet but i am sure it will be here any day....again thanks :resp:

ok here are pics of 6x6 in final mockup .... genesis 220cc tank fits nice in there!!!!!! Now to take it all apart... clean-up the parts i fabricated and wait till more parts arrive:drunk:

thanks dug..... the compliments from fellow members makes all the work worth while!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey mike that engine showed up today....... and wjat can i say but thanks.... and I'm still totaly floored... when you said new you werent kidding this thing still has the sticker over the glowplug!!!!!!!!!! giving you rep for this one !!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back