My New Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

Well thanks to 88gtanotchback I have a new project.

First thing is I need to clean them up and make them pretty...lol. I'm wondering about that pipe. Should I get a new one or just run that one? And what? He said the motor only had 2 takes through it so still brand new basically so I still need to break it in. Any parts I can find that are red will be used lol I love red it's my favorite color. Tires will be my hpi dog bones. 2 speed tranny. And standard carbon fiber TVPs. I'll post more pics as it comes along. Hope you enjoy the build

Well I got all the parts nice and clean.....er..lol a lot better than they were.

While cleaning I found this..

not sure what went wrong there but damn...lol I think I have one though to bad I can't find them in red.

Some parts arrive tomorrow yay

Hey man, sorry never saw that on there. Looks like the guy mounted the engine with The wrong screws too. I'm sure I got an extra metal brace. If you can wait I can mail one out.

Hey man, sorry never saw that on there. Looks like the guy mounted the engine with The wrong screws too. I'm sure I got an extra metal brace. If you can wait I can mail one out.
Your telling me starting to think he used red locktite trying to get the motor mount and plate separated I stripped like 8 screws and had to drill them out...lol
well I did have an extra took it off my mid tank plate. But if you have a spare that would be cool.

looks like your having fun. Keep posting pics.

Well I think I have figured out why they did that to the plate and the brace. They made it "fit" that way. I think it's the tvps lower that stock I can't think of any other reason for it. Really disappointed I can't use the carbon fiber tvps..:( I just don't understand why they would make tvps that can't be used. I ordered stock plates off of eBay for like 9 bucks. Just normal for me a project just can't go smoothly...lol so this project is on hold. Hope the stockers work.

Ok, so I did a little searching and come to find out these TVPs are the HPI low center of gravity graphite plates and require there lcg motor plate is required to coincide with the tvps. And that plate is discontinued so those plate can't be used well rats.

Reactions: Jr.
You could make a spacer plate out of some aluminum and use a couple longer screws to bring the attaching points down so you can use the plate you have...... in a pinch I am almost sure that's what I would do with it.....

You could make a spacer plate out of some aluminum and use a couple longer screws to bring the attaching points down so you can use the plate you have...... in a pinch I am almost sure that's what I would do with it.....
Not sure I follow? Lol..although I don't have the means of fabricating anything really.

There shouldn't be a cross back at all Unless I'm missing something. I sent one out earlier before I read this. The brace doesn't run the whole way thru so should leave room hopefully.

There shouldn't be a cross back at all Unless I'm missing something. I sent one out earlier before I read this. The brace doesn't run the whole way thru so should leave room hopefully.
Want me to send it back to ya? The back brace that mounts the plate to the tvps rest on the back part the dog bone goes into (the part name escapes me) it would work if that brace met the contour of the back of the plate cause the flm plate has that little notch in it but the brace goes right across it instead. But like I said I can send it back ya if you want. Thanks though

Well while I wait for parts to show decided to seal up my engine.

I also put some green slim in the high and low speed needles. Also still have to seal up the high speed needle housing. Was gunna put a cap and seal up the front bearing but could figure out how to get the flywheel off. Wasn't able to get the nut off.

Well finally got more done, was wondering though is there a way to clean out the inside of the fuel tank? I don't know what's in there but it's green and there seems to be alot of excess oil in there.

Well got the new motor mount

And do these still have life left?

Also found a better place the regulator/cutoff

Last edited:
Yeah I just rinsed it with some fresh nitro worked like a charm...lol. yeah I'm just not sure what set of aluminum shoes would be good Ive never had these types of shoes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back