My new ESC mounting idea for the flux

which method?

• option number 1

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • option number 2

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

option one, my old and proved mounting method. i never had a problem with this.. esc had tons airflow and nothing was "squished"

DSC01714.jpg

option two, little cleaner looking and better weight distribution as there is a little to much weight up front.
downfall is that everything is so tight and wires have so many bends that i feel that it will cause issues.

DSC02568.jpg

when u vote i want to know the reason why u choose the option u did

when u vote i want to know the reason why u choose the option u did

because i can :cwm27:

No i like opt. 2 because i feel it looks alot more protected.. and the wires aren't as stretched out as in the first pic. Also the wires arent in the way anymore so there is no chance of them getting caught on something and getting snagged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted #2. I like the position better and is protected even better. The wires are not stretched at all. I believe the wires are longer on the MMM compared to the FLUX giving it more options.

#1 shouldn't get hurt to bad either. Its protected pretty well by the Roll Bar, shock towers and so on but is still out there for a possible hit.

PRC- is working on a extended motor plate to allow the ESC to be mounted behind the motor on the extended chassis's. It will be PRC202 but is not available quite yet. Well it can be pre-ordered I guess.

I like seeing all these options thought.

I've got the TCS XL-length plates, and they're machined so you can put in an optional ESC plate in that same spot behind the motor. I haven't bothered tying the wires down in that tight, though.

PRC- is working on a extended motor plate to allow the ESC to be mounted behind the motor on the extended chassis's.

I like that solution even more than TCS's separate plate. I assume it will be compatible with any XL-length TVP? Are you looking to use a zip-tie in the HPI style, or maybe include mounting holes for the Traxxas MMM mount?

i like option #2 best for all of the reasons stated.

but option #1 is kick butt too caz you haven't had any problems with it.

well i went and fabed up the plate for option 2 and completed it... come out good imo... for those who decide to put the esc behind the motor just make sure you get extension for the wire that goes to the RX

I also feel that ESC is more protected inside. I have TCS extended tvp so will be getting the esc mounting plate soon.
I chose Option 2.

Option 1 Obviously :peace:. Option 2 does look like it's better protected, definitly the way to with ext tvp's.

BTW nice job Baddasz.

thanks for your opinions everyone! and thanks what the flux.
I'm looking forward to the races on friday!!! just want to really test drive it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back