My ghetto linkage mod (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I've heard its such a great mod and I've kind of felt like a ****** for not doing it sooner.
Yesterday I was on my way to the hobby store to get some parts, but I forgot my wallet at my house and I was half way to my parents ...so I decided, I'll just rig everything up my self.

So I got a wheel spoke, drilled and tapped my own stops from an aluminum coupler, made my own little...pivot thing for the servo arm. Set it up and its soo much better! Brakes work better, seems to have my guts in the upper rpms. I'm really happy with it. And I saved my self fifteen dollars too :D Recycling, its good stuff lol
DSC05773.jpg

DSC05774.jpg

Ghetto mod ?

is that a politically correct term?

What would be the opposite of ghetto mod?

My mod is the opposite of ghetto, ha just playing. If the brakes don't feel strong enough later down the road use a piece of plastic tubing. It's what I use now and it works well. I gave up on fuel tubing long ago.

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much of a difference does a linkage mod make?

I am still running HPI's linkage.....

Last edited by a moderator:
How much of a difference does a linkage mod make?

I am still running HPI's linkage.....
IMHO you just need to get it and see for yourself. It's a real nice upgrade learn to set it up correctly and you will appreciate the improved braking and that fact that it actually opens up the carb all the way.

My mod is the opposite of ghetto, ha just playing. If the brakes don't feel strong enough later down the road use a piece of plastic tubing. It's what I use now and it works well. I gave up on fuel tubing long ago.

lol, no its all good. That is the explaination. Mines made from a bike spoke and alot of loc tite, yours look pro haha.

Thanks for the tip, i'll definitely give the plastic a shot.

oh c'mon guys he threw in 4 extra body pins with blue things on them:bigsmilie:

Latest posts

Members online

Back