My FLM Savy rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gtanotchback

SAVAHOLIC
Hey guys i tore my truck apart for a rebuild and to rob some parts off it for the new truck I'm gonna be starting right away. So i figured id do a build thread on this truck as i put it back together.

m_FLM_savage_build_001.jpg

heres a shot of the front end ban-ban-ban-embly. I am using CEN diffs filled with 10000k oil, modified to be used in a Savage. I have dremeled the carriers to allow more throw in the steering, since these things handle like card board boxes usually.

m_FLM_savage_build_003.jpg

This photo here shows the FLM mid tank plate. I'm gonna do something a little different this time, using the ofna 125cc tank and a traxxas RX box from a slash. the servo is a hitec 7955tg.

m_FLM_savage_build_006.jpg

got the FLM motor plate in here. Love the quality these guys got with they're products. The tranny is a three speed with the high speed gear, and the spur is a 47t steel.

m_FLM_savage_build_008.jpg

m_FLM_savage_build_007.jpg

Thats as far as i got tonight. got it looking like a truck again now its bed time.

Looking good bud :) Whats the new truck going to be?

Any reason why your getting away from the Mugen tank and CEN radio box?
Do you mean 10,000 weight diff oil? The K stands for 1,000

I can't beleive how orginized everything looks on your table, whenever I get anything going it turns out to be a mess. LoL

I love these build threads, great pics. rockout

Looking good bud :) Whats the new truck going to be?

Any reason why your getting away from the Mugen tank and CEN radio box?
Do you mean 10,000 weight diff oil? The K stands for 1,000

I can't beleive how orginized everything looks on your table, whenever I get anything going it turns out to be a mess. LoL

I love these build threads, great pics. rockout
ya my bad Tobias its 10,000 wt. I'm sticking with the mugen and cen tank but its going on the new truck I'm building. ill start it right away and do another build thread just wiainting on a few more thing to show up in the mail. And the only reason its organized in the pics is that the end of the night. I always clean up before i go in so i don't have to start with a mess, lol.

Good stuff. Keep it coming. I'm wanting to do the mid tank set up your going to do aswell. I like my 250cc mid tank bit want that clean battery box look your going to do.

i love the 250cc tank to max, it was a toss up but i figured id try it just cause. ill have lots more pics yet, i know i like watching builds myself so why not pay it forward for you guys.

i see a mac pipe.

& i love watchin builds come together. nice thread 88.

i used avid up front but ran out so i just used stock bearings in the rear. i love watching build threads too so i figured id pay it forward for you guys and do one as well. and good eye fred that is a macs. ear plugs required, lol.

Good lookin build you have going there 88!! Is this going to get one of tones lids that you are getting?

yup. although i prolly wont bash the lid it will be too purdy. lol. Btw thanks for getting me motivated last night to start into this thing again. i just bought 4 gallons of byrons 30% Race so i gotta get some good bashing in this year!

yup. although i prolly wont bash the lid it will be too purdy. lol. Btw thanks for getting me motivated last night to start into this thing again. i just bought 4 gallons of byrons 30% Race so i gotta get some good bashing in this year!

No problem 88.. Yeah i won't bash with my lid either. Have a GT2 body that i will use for that..

lol sad isnt it. pay for a nice lid just to keep you happy when you walk in the garage. you know your OCD when...

And the only reason its organized in the pics is that the end of the night. I always clean up before i go in so i don't have to start with a mess, lol.

LoL. I've tried that but always seems to start messing with something else. LoL

Keep the pics comming bud!!!

Keep the pics comming bud!!!

I had to use the crappy digital camera tonight since the other one was dead.... I guess your supposed to turn them off when your done with them. who knew.

P2270171.JPG

Heres the picco mounted up. I got rid of the old orange mount since it was too big and didnt allow the t/b servo to be mounted inside the TVP's. Mounted up with a Macs pipe and a Nova RC cooling head.

P2270178.JPG

Motor mounted in and meshed. i got a Macs mount for the pipe and it seems to work great. simple, effective, cheap, and sturdy.

P2270179.JPG

Got the linkages all set up, and a dummy mock up of the tank just incase i wanted to go for a rip. IT'S NOT STAYING LIKE THIS! lol just so you don't think I'm ghetto fabulous. Got the shocks mounted up as well, just stock flux big bores, cant go wrong.

P2270180.JPG

a look at the under carriage. shiny FLM is always purdy. Also gives a better look at the macs mount.

P2270181.JPG

P2270182.JPG

not the best of pics but the steering throw with the modified carriers. A nice gain in steering it appears, ill report back after testing. let me know what you think guys good bad or suggestions.

Sweet 88 but I somehow get the feeling that it is the other build that is going to be the hot one or am I wrong.

nope you are 100% correct pope. I am pumped for the next build. Its gonna be a fun one. although I'm enjoying this "rebuild" more then i though i would. noting like a revamp, with a full cleaning and inspection. Stay tuned for the other build it shoul dbe under way shortly.

Latest posts

Members online

Back