My first REAL paint job...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

I know, not for my Savage, but the wheelbase did not work quite right on the Savage, and I already have a nice Savvy body.

Nothing more than masking tape, Hemi Cuda body, and 3 paint colors: Racing Red, Outlaw Black, and Indy Silver (blower stack).

NoS0Q.jpg

Red was down first, then backed in black. I think I like this painting thing :)

Jibat.jpg

Got the paint down, and before the blower hood was completed

iENpP.jpg

Final outcome - now I need to find another one - this was a lot of fun!

IJW7S.jpg

To those of you who are better at this - what can I do better, and what do to recommend? I am seriously thinking about an airbrush setup...
Bob

looks good you did a great job .. a nice cheap airbrush http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVDD8&P=ML

works nice n smooth very user friendly has a nice feature of adding a needle stop on the back of it so you can adjust the needle to open up only as much as you like so you don't accadently get wider lines in spots .. and i use my shop compresor with moisture trap n regulator.. another nice thing bout airbrush is if you use the parma faskolor paints they are water based so if you get slight bleed under the mask .. you can clean it up with a q tip and spit..lol hope this helps you out ..

i love the colour of the red. i have the same body, i just painted it an orange and put black on the hood and back. BUT i like yours alot better. i wish i seen yours before i painted mine ;]

Latest posts

Members online

Back