My E Firestorm!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonmud

I have been deciding on a 2WD stadium truck for the last couple months. I decided to go with an HPI because I like the quality or their plastic for one and second I just like them. lol
I have heard they have issues with the ESC but I didnt let that stop me. I figured if I needed to replace it it wasnt a big deal.
The day it got here I opened the box and discovered the top had come off the ESC. So a weak case ends up being the problem with them. I couple dabs of CA glue later and she is as good as new (again).
Here it is. I will get some better shots later. All stock accept for the JR reciever.....

2ciimbm.jpg

2b6u7b.jpg

I don't want to go brushless yet. All my electric stuff works together and I want to keep it that way for a little while longer.
I do want to upgrade the servo though. Does anyone know the specs of the stock SF-1 servo? I want to know how fast it is if possible. Thanks.

Yeah no doubt. Complete overahaul is pointless when you got everything there already for NiMH.

I tried to look up the specs for the SF-1 and could not obtain any "exact" specs on it. All the threads I read state they are a standard 45oz/in servo and that it is a exact duplicate of a standard Futaba S3004 servo which has these specs:

Speed: .23 sec/60° @ 4.8V
.19 sec/60° @ 6.0V
Torque: 44 oz-in (3.2 kg-cm) at 4.8V
57 oz-in (4.1 kg-cm) at 6.0V

I googled searched the SF-1 Specs and most of every forum and/or thread stated the same information. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back