my cheap mid-tank build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosaics12

so heres my mid-tank build using a stock tvps, radio box and I'm using a D8 tank.. feel free to comment

removed the thottle/brake servo location and keeping d steering in place.. d back was cut to have a clearance for fuel line
03132011726.jpg

and heres what it looks when d tank was installed
03132011731.jpg

03132011729.jpg

03132011730.jpg

so then there is a big hole on d bottom and risk of debris hittin d tank.. i made a patch using a piece of metal from photo frame :) no more hole and photo frame :)
03142011732.jpg

03142011733.jpg

installed in the truck
03142011735.jpg

03142011734.jpg

just waiting for some parts to come and she will be finished

Looks good. Nice to see guys getting creative and useing what they have to make it work. One bit of advice, as I run the clunk tank also, you may want to turn the tank around so that the clunk is in the rear of the tank. Otherwise, when the fuel gets low and you accelerate hard, or wheelie, the clunk wont be getting fuel, or may suck air.

How's this working for you .... did u move throttle servo? What size tank is that

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

yes i have to move the throttle servo like any mid-tank mods.. tank size is 150cc and its from hot boddies d8

d8 tank has a filter/clunk inside.. receiver mount on d side using rpm box.. batt was mount at front zip tied at d shock tower.. if u want u can use a mount by prc and they have a batt box also

Back- yrs when the savage 1st came out and the mid tank was done. That is how we did it. We used ofna linkage kit and an Ofna tank. When it came to the diff we took the ofna 4 spyder gears and pins to build a better diff. Nice to look back.

Latest posts

Members online

Back