My brakes screws won't stay in place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

I have dual disk brakes and the screws are always loosening on me, I've used thread lock and they still loosen. Anyone got a good way to keep these little buggers in place? I've heard some people use Crazy Glue any other ideas.

a dob of araldite or any other epoxy glue on the threads, leave it for a day or two, should be fine. threadlock wont work, as it's metal to plastic contact, not metal to metal...

Yep same thing happend to me the tranny case is now stripped thanks to thoes dule disks I went back to the single disk ans filled the holes with exopy and taped them in

Sounds like a plan thanks for the advice.

that happened to me. i bought a new tranny but stuck with the duel disc brakes i just don't screw them in as tite. they work fine for me now!
4x4

I would get them, unless you want some crazy nut racing disks. I used some epoxy that I got at Walmart and the screws don't rattle loose anymore. BTW I don't use the sticky pads they give you, I just do metal on metal, works great.

remember that this is not normal plastic on these trucks( like pvc). there nylon mix. blue loctite will eat the plastic overtime. It causes a chemical reaction and you do more damage to the plastic. use plastic loctite, super glue or epoxy.

If you have a problem with dodgy threads in plastic then use this tip
i got from a fellow rc nut :-

Take a cotton bud & cut the cotton off the ends.

Apply superglue to the plastic shaft & insert into the damaged
thread & allow to dry.

When dry,trim flush.

Insert screw into the hole of the cotton bud shaft & cut a new
thread.

Voila,job done!

i have head the super glue trick also have not tried due to the fact that i have not had any problems on mine (knock on wood) but i would say what ever works stick with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back