My 1 month old savage steering servo went dead...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Masson

hey guys!! I just recently bought my savage maybe like a month or so ago. I have been playing it for a while now and recently put on the proline big joe tires. And yesterday after some bashing the steering just died. Is this common or I just got a bad servo. Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Servos take a beating, vibration and loads they just get beat especially stock servos.....you say is about a month old so I think you should get ahold of HPI and let them know, maybe they will be able to help you out, if not then look into a better metal geared servo from one of the better manufacturers like Savox or Futaba for instance..... look for something at least 200 oz in of torque and that outta do the job....

quick question are you sure it's the servo could be the servo saver has loosened up. Could also be a bad port on the receiver you may want to try and swap the throttle and steering servo plugs on the receiver and see if it works.

Reactions: Gav
Good chance it's still under warranty. If you got it at tower, they are pretty good about taking care of things. Good luck.

I will definitely give tower hobbies a call and see what they can say about it. My concern is do I tell them about the bigger tires? Or just tell them that the servo died.

quick question are you sure it's the servo could be the servo saver has loosened up. Could also be a bad port on the receiver you may want to try and swap the throttle and steering servo plugs on the receiver and see if it works.

Yeah I'm sure it is the servo. I already did the switching to a different, it's actually the first thing I did. I already pulled the servo out to make sure and it will not budge at all.

Servos take a beating, vibration and loads they just get beat especially stock servos.....you say is about a month old so I think you should get ahold of HPI and let them know, maybe they will be able to help you out, if not then look into a better metal geared servo from one of the better manufacturers like Savox or Futaba for instance..... look for something at least 200 oz in of torque and that outta do the job....

I am actually thinking of doing those upgrades. I have been told hi-tec is good? Right now I might just take my friends offer of $20 for the XL steering servo since he upgraded to Hitec servo.

Thanks for your replies guys. This has given me a whole new ideas for my savage. I really appreciate it as I am new to monster trucks.

David, call Tower before you spend any money. FREE is ALWAYS better!:) If you don't get any help, consider Savox. They cost a little more probably, but I have NEVER had a bad one. Check their site for torque and speed to see which one you want. Do this with whichever servo you decide to go with, regardless of which one you get.:D

I just ordered the Hitec hs7955tg, just found the stock servo a little weak. I had good service out of hitec so far, so figured this was a good upgrade

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back