motor wont stay running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punisher

why wont my motor stay running .... theres alwaya an issue lol first the head was loose ... now it runns butwhen i give it gase off or give it gas to get it started ... then idle ... gas and off
ive cleaned it out the carb cleaner ... changes glow plug .. just don't know whats up ... is it cloged if so how do i unclug it ? hate to remove carb...to clean but if i have to so be it .....
thanks

let it idle for a little because my savage is like grumpy if you try to have it full throttle while its still warming up it will just shut off jus let it idle for a mnute or so

Did you clean the carb with carb cleaner while it was still on the motor? If so it could have a bunch of cleaner inside the motor. I'd check that then check the needles, Idle, LSN, and HSN. Also make sure there are no air leaks in the fuel line. Thats where I would start.

sounds like you might have an air leak. I would start by
putting your needles back to factory settings, firing it up, let it warm up for a minute or so and seeing what it does. if it still acts the same you might want to seal it up. heres a step by step link to seal it, the stuff you need is under $10 and takes you about 30 minutes to do it.

http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=54465

I would also replace your fuel tubing with new tubing. when you fire up the motor look and see if there are any air bubbles in the fuel going to the carb. that might let you know if you have a bad seal on your fuel tank.

well i ran about 4 tanks today but if i let it idle it does shutt off .... don't get it i richen it out a little idle was a little better .. but still shuts off ... so i did some major bashing in need to repair missing a whole lot of screws and pull start is loose probally a another screw ....

so is there still a air leak i don't know ... how do i test out that theory
is there a way to start the truck with out having to have all four tires of the ground .... or with out having to rev it up while tring to pull start ? thats what i gotta do to get it started ..

pull the motor, take the exhaust and header off, remove the clutch and air filter. hook a piece of clean fuel tube to the fuel inlet. get yoruself a small cup of soapy bubbly water with a lot of bubbles. put 1 finger over the carb and another on the exhaust port to make sure they are air tight, put suds all over your front engine bearing, all the way around your carb where it meets the case, around your backplate, hsn, lsn, and both sides of the pinch bolt. blow into the fuel tube (it will be tight) and see if any of the bubbles are getting pushed around or getting larger. thats a sure fire way to test. or just skip all that and seal it up

i would also test that same way to your fuel tank, put the suds all around the cap when its closed to test for a bad o ring. (thats usually not the problem)

got it running

idle was too low

i classic rookie mistake i thought the idle screw was the low end screw lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back