motor stalling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried to start my savage and run it today. i primed the motor till fuels at carb then i put the glow ignitor in and turned the motor over and it took almost 15 seconds b4 it even tried to turn over. i didnt want to burn the ignitor so i took it out waited a few seconds then tried again, it finally turned over but then died just a sec later then couldnt get it to fire again could i just need a new glow plug? or maybe something else. any help would be great

That sounds kinda like mine when i start with a cold start. I just adjust the throttle trim to open the carb just a hair.You don't want to open it too much. Id pull the plug out and check that first then try the throttle trick.

if the engine wouldn't turn over you flooded it, take the glowplug out and turn the engine over (watch your eyes, eyes+nitro=hospital) put the glow plug back in and start it up.

Failing that change the glowplug and make sure your starter is fully charged

i charged the glow igniter fully then i took my glow plug out and it looked kidda burnt i tried the glow ignitor and the plug didnt glow all the way to the end so I'm going to buy one monday then try again. thnaks for all the advice

i got my truck out today and was going to bash after the turkey. i got it started and let it idle but as soon as i gave it gas it died. I resterted and it did the same several times. then it flodded I'm guessing so i waited a few hours and restarted it it would start but then die before i could get the glow ignitor out of it. i took off the fuel line and it started and run for a sec till it ran out the gas then i put the gas line back on then it did the same thing, died right then. but anyways i might not made any sence but do you guys think this is just a carb adjusting problem or just something I'm over looking

might be runnig to rich also might be the glow plug also make sure u don;t have any holes in your fule lines and that the lid on the fule tank is shut tightly keep us posted

mine kinda does the same things, to get it to turn over i need to blow fuel into the carb, other wise it wont turn (finger over the exhaust doent seem to work well enough)

mine will die once its started unless i get it nice and warm and then it has no bother. could be a heat issue?

Check your tuning, you may be rich either high or low side, did you let it warm up b4 giveing it throttle, if not it may need to warm up if its been a while since its been ran, when I start mine I give it about half throttle, plug the stinger with my finger pump some fuel in then glow stick it and it will fire with in a couple seconds, leave glow stick on for about 15-30 seconds take it off and slowly give throttle till it responds clear and off I go.

yeah i think I'm either running to rich or to lean i have an o.s. max .21 engine and i cant find a website to find any carb settings for it so I'm just in a trial period right now plus it doesnt help that it has been like 45 outside but i try to pre heat first before starting i may just have to let it idle for like 5 or 10 minutes before i give it some throttle. thanks guys

If u let it idle for a long time and try to take off IT WILL bog and puck on u bump the throttle while u do that so it clears itself out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back