Motor Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!

I have this question posted on another forum as the motor I am referring to is not for an HPI product but I am not getting any responses so I am hoping posting here is ok and I will get better results. The motor in question is an RC - 380.

My question is...Any other motors that offer more speed with the same dimensions as the RC- 380 ?

Dimensions are: 1 1/8" diameter x 1 7/8" long (plus the shaft at 3/8" long)

After purchasing the HPI Mini Recon the speed of my Thunder Fire doesn't cut it anymore.

Thanks,

I'm not really an electric guy but what are the specs of the motor you have? What kv or turn rating? Is it brushed or brushless? Know the higher the kv the faster it is but you lose torque. What temperature does your current motor run? You might be able to re gear it for more speed

What vehicle is the motor in ? some 380 motors are just brushed stockers like the Grasshopper and others from Tamiya.... check the motor plate some are also drilled for a 540 size motor and upgrading to one of them is pretty easy....

Mickey... unfortunately the only question of yours I can answer is it is a brushed motor.

Jam...the vehicle is an 1/16 Exceed Thunder Fire Monster truck. Motor is stock. This truck was just fine until I decided to purchase the Mini Recon. That little bugger is fast but now the Thunder Fire is boring because its slow. I was just hoping to find a bigger motor that would fit without making any modifications.

Look at the tamiya lineup they make some hotter 380 size motors. I have one in my Mini Hornet and i like it alot.... it is about twice as fast as the stock silver can mabuchi it came with

Latest posts

Members online

Back