motor plate...again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker2141

Hey all, been a while since I posted.
So on to business, my savage was ****ing me off today, couldn't get a tune or a noticeable gear shift and I started digging into the problem. Turns out the tranny clutch is shot and I was tuning a 1 speed tranny, however, on tear down I noticed that my motor plate was broken again, this is the third plate I have been through, 1 flm and 2 stock, I believe that I incorrectly did the "better flm throttle mod" and so don't think I need a solution but would like some recommendations on the plate/motor mount since I stripped the truck down to a pile of screws and plastic I may as well upgrade while I am at it.

Thanks.

"better " as in mine ? that mount is a pita to get right ... PRC's carbon plate I don't know how it matches up with stock TVPs though. Its the only one I have had I cant break in a few big jumps

Thanks for the quick response. I don't have much stock left,bulkheads and bearings are about it, I have zero experience with CF never even seen a truck with it, is it that strong or are the people who use it that good?

PRC's CF is top grade stuff. If you break it I would say you have accomplished something.

HAHA I have to agree with Dooley. Yes our CF is the best you can find. I have to agree with Bank I went threw lots of mounts threw all brands and since I designed one and started running them, matter of fact i still have the very first ever made on one of my trucks and roughly 9-10 gallons on it and never had a problem. They will fit just like the stock plate but never fail, they are a little thicker but well worth the money.

For CF truck pictures see my link in my sig of my XL Carbon FLUX.

Latest posts

Members online

Back