Motor Pinion Gear shifting HELP!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish Kahn

Hello folks.First off I want to say that I have been a member of this forum for 2 years and have found a lot of help here with the problems I had with my Nitro Savy. I bit the bullet and sold it to buy the Savage Flux HP and I absolutely love it!!!!! I am having a bit of a problem with it and I am hoping that I can find some ideas to remedy my situation.
I am running a Savy Flux HP all Stock. 44t Spur 25t pinion on the Torque 2200kv motor with the Blur esc. I am getting real frusterated because my pinion gear keeps slipping forward on the motor shaft to the point where the pinion and spur are barely touching. It doesn't happen when I just run the truck but when I start to bash and jump it happens.I figure it is because of a hard front end hit and that's what makes it slide up the shaft. I have tightened the set screw as much as I can with out stripping the allen screw and also have used blue loctite to ensure the screw doesn't loosen from vibration.
Has anyone else had this problem? I love my Savy and don't want to get rid of it but if I can't resolve this issue I will go back to Nitro.I am real happy with the Savage and was always impressed that the nitro could take a beating. I am a little disappointed with the Flux because of this issue.Over all I am happy with it but just don't want to have to keep replacing gears because of this. Any help and suggestions will be great.
Thanks all!!!!! Keep On BASHING

Have you threadlocked the grub screw? Red is a nightmare to remove so I'd suggest that.
If you have used threadlock then try putting a small a amount on the motors shaft where the grub screw grips the shaft, there should be a ware mark on the shaft and that's where to put the threadlock. Threadlock the grub screw too and that should hold it nice and tight, this is a proven fix for a slipping pinion.

Hope that helps!

JayJ.

Thanks Jay...I have used loctite on the grub screw but didn't try putting some in the threads of the pinion gear. I will try that and let you know if it works. Looked at the pic of your Savy...NICE Job..

:rcheli:

Confused!

Pinion thread? The threadlock on the pinion grub screw will lock it to the pinion threads. Did you apply a small amount of threadlock to the motor shaft before sliding on the pinion?

Thanks for the comment on my Savvy Flux, have a whole load of parts on the way from the States so will be some more pics up soon.
Depending on USPS and Royal Mail that is? lol

when you use thread lock be sure to let it sit for 24 hours to allow it to set.

+1 to this and before you apply the loctite, clean the threads of the grub and pinion with denatured alcohol to get rid of any machine oil that could be present from when they cut the threads. allow to completely dry, then red threadlock, & let set for 24hrs.

ive not lost a pinion yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Back