motor not staying running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagerocks

i was out starting my savage today and every time the pull start would go back to in position the motor would turn off. what can i do to get that to stop doing that?

Sounds like the one way bearing isn't slipping right. Maybe some dirt got into it somehow? I've seen that before. Best idea is to just replace it. If there is dirt in it, it may cause some damage.

I had a pullstart break on a friends axis buggy. Dirt ended up getting into the shaft/one way. The one way never worked right again. Slipped all the time, and would randomly catch causing either a broken pull rope, or a stalled motor.

:)

ok another question i have is that on the other .21 motor when i hook everything up to the motor (rotostart backplate, glow plug) it turns just find but the third time its really hard when it turns over. what can be the cause of this?

Several things including rust or varnish in the engine. Thats one of the 3 that came with the truck you just got right? I would pull them all down and check them out. I'm guessing theyre not in the best shape. Hopefully the .25 will run for you. The old .21's are pretty weak.

well theres a .21 in the truck right now and its running pretty darn good. its just the .21 that says torq on the side of it.

As I said man, those one ways can be picky! I'm glad you got it going though man! Time for some fun bashing!!!! LoL Let us know how it runs bud! :)

i had her running yesterday and she ran awsome, still doing so fine tuning with her. i flipped her a few times since the person told me he put new batteries into her but found out they were about dead, so i changed those. only thing i broke was the glow driver on those flips it snapped the glow driver in half.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back