Motor and Gear Help for Converted Savage X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFishMan

I have an old Savage X that a friend gave me. I decided to convert it to electric using a Kershaw kit. I don't know what kv motor to put in something this size and weight. This would be mainly for bashing with the kids who all have hopped up Slashes and Stampedes (VXL and Castle Sidewinder motors). It would be nice to keep up with them on speed and jumps. I would like to run it on 4s but want it to be 6s capable for some runs. I also need a pinion gear and was wondering if I should stick with the stock 47t. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I went with the castle creations mamba monster x 2200kv combo stock flux pinion and spur gear with my two speed tranny converted to flux transmission, with SMc 7200mha 90c 3s liposuction x2. Absolute powerhouse!

As long as you can control your finger. Which I have a problem with lol. And it's nuts fast at a high speed roll plenty of power to smack the throttle and instant wheelie.

I'm contemplating the same thing, but will more than likely stick with 4S for the foreseeable future. I was thinking of just going with the LCG conversion "package" kit that includes the 2200kv motor/esc. I figured my ERBE runs fine on 4S with a 2200kv motor, guessing the savage will too.

If I had the room, I'd just get a flux, but I have my X all built up for brute strength (BP diffs, SHD axles/cups, t-bone rear skid wheelie bar...). I have 2 heavily modified nitro revo's still... but would be nice to have the savage electric for big air and keep the ERBE for winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Back