MORE TORQUE WITH A SIDE OF SPEED PLEASE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.LO's SAVAGE X

Well, This last week while going through truck finishing up odds and ends from winter upgrading and inspections, new broke in picco .28 boost turbo, packing bearings , fiddling with gear ratio s and blue locktiting and just general inspections, oh, and I also did some lightning of the truck, I work on cars for a living and around race car's, (so I like every advantage I can get,) I have plenty of spare parts to fix possible mistakes, (R&D) LOL! Anyway, We were all talking about servo's pretty frequently last couple weeks and for some reason, thought my servo I bought last summer had way more torque than I thought, Savox's are great servo's but this one wont fit the bill for steering at around 138 oz of torque, great speed though, throttle, yes! Well did a lot of looking around and I will be getting the protek 130T! .10 on speed and 288 oz of torque. And 80.00, isn't too bad !

Well glad I post what I'm trying to do, bifftit led me on to the savox 1270 servo which is 361 oz. of torque and .14 speed, and for the same price as the protek 130t at 288 oz. of torque and .10 speed. Same price basically for a lot more torque! Thanks again bifftit for the help!

The only other I had been looking at was the protek line, their speed is pretty good and torq, but ant good servo is gonna cost, 80 ish seems about average for a good servo

yea, nowadays $80 is the next step above OEM. don't know about any others, as when i was looking for servos i was going Savox
plenty of servo choices out there, should be one that grabs your fancy

over 200oz is almost needed for good braking capabilities. with the sc1267 i noticed that mythrottle linkeages were really bowing when on the wide open throttle, so i had to tame them down just a bit in that direction and left them cranked open on the brake side.
braking seems ok, even at 180oz @6.v
When i bought the sv1270's for steering and moved the sc1267's to throttle, it was my intention to move to 7.4v then they have 280oz, .09sec. but that changeover to 7.4v has fallen to the wayside till i can get a radio/transmitter that will take 7.4v

Last edited:
Also, as tempting as Ebay is ALWAYS keep a heads up on the coupons TowerHobby is offering. i dickered with a couple big ebay sellers trying to get them to drop the price if i bought 4- Savox Sv-1270tg servos at once. but with all the seller fees epig has it was hard for them to match the $30 off over $300 coupon TowerHobbie was offering at the time.

just google " towerhobbies coupon codes"
http://www.towerhobbies.com/coupon_codes.html

Latest posts

Members online

Back