More pwr fr stock hpi s25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can enyone help me ?
I still have the problem to get the piston sleeve out of the block.
I can't get to raise the piston sleeve up enough to reach under the lip of the sleeve.(i can lift it for 2-3 milimeters)
I tried it several times but with no result.
Is it fasten with a nut or something, i looks like it is blocked, but where ??

No, it's just a snug fit with the block. Are you trying the zip-tie trick? If so, the zip-tie can only stick through the exhaust port (from the inside) far enough to end flush with the outside edge of the sleeve. Any farther and it'll catch on the block and prevent you from lifting the sleeve more than a couple millimeters. Again, the zip-tie can only catch the sleeve, not the block!

I finally got it out. The piston sleeve was blue at the outside, it has run too lean and too hot (i always want the best power when i run).
Finaly i tuned it and i did modif it all..
The result is fabules. What a throttle response !!!

I also have done the full mod to this motor, runs great,easy tune and very usable rpms from low to high. very fast. I did the highst mod, have pics 2...

hey there name is franko check out my savy my air filter is the same setup as kn filter your local canadian tire your truck will hall *** once u get it truly tuned i found it little harder to tune but rocks my buddy got straight stock savy i run circles round him plus i got truk zilla polished tuned pipe hope this helps plus filter will only run u 16.00 $

I went the whole nine yards with my Nitrostar-25 Used a dremel with grinding bits on... 3 shoe alu cluch with stiffer springs.

The engine's response & low down grunt increased ALOT...

It's not THAT difficult, just take your time measuring & marking the piston sleeve correctly.

The guy I sold that engine to, asked me what the ¤"#¤ did I do to it, as it outperformed his friends 4.6 ss by a long shot... It's still running this day, after a year in a basher car, it lasted longer then the engine that came with his car... :p

He doesn't care about anything, he's all full throttle, don't change or fix anything until it falls of...

Tuning ? Thats the only thing he does well :p

I went the whole nine yards with my Nitrostar-25 Used a dremel with grinding bits on... 3 shoe alu cluch with stiffer springs.

The engine's response & low down grunt increased ALOT...

It's not THAT difficult, just take your time measuring & marking the piston sleeve correctly.

The guy I sold that engine to, asked me what the ¤"#¤ did I do to it, as it outperformed his friends 4.6 ss by a long shot... It's still running this day, after a year in a basher car, it lasted longer then the engine that came with his car... :p

He doesn't care about anything, he's all full throttle, don't change or fix anything until it falls of...

Tuning ? Thats the only thing he does well :p

sounds like my buddy...except the tuning part...I haven't noticed his tuning yet, but he drives WOT and if something gets in his way, he drives thru it, or over it...LOL

It definately sucks the pictures are gone. My S-25 is a POS performance wise. It has never run well and that is getting guys who not what they are doing to try to fix it. It would be fun to try and port my s25 as I don't care if i stuff it.

I'd give it a whck...can anyone copy and paste the How-To or type it in here? I'll make it a sticky for the Engine/Mods section.
Hey Chunky, I know this is an old post, but if your still looking for the artical, you might find that savagecre has a copie of it.

PM him about it and maybe he can fax or e-mail it to you. just thought you might want to know. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats cool, MTBiker,
Savagecre is pretty cool dude and would do what he could to help anyone. I will have to warn you though, IF HE still has the artical at his fingertips, it may be black and white.

I was thinking (imagine that...lol) that one of us could get a hold of the magazine that printed it....
They might be cool enough to look into their achives and find the missing links we need and possibly give us the the whole artical intact with the original color pics.

Then we could lock it in our own archive database, for safe keeping. Sound like a plan, anyone?....
Just a thought..

What's really great about this purticular artical is that it helps break down the fear factor in doing your own P & P work.

While it still warns us to be very careful and aware of your cuts, it's in a really cool short form presentation, and gets you rolling in the project without alot of techical
dogma that discourages the average newbie from even trying.

It's worth it to this forum to have it in it's archives, without question.

In fact, I was really tempted to go and get a HPI 25 mill and proform this procedure, just to see the difference.

I hope one of us has the drive to get this artical restored to it's original state.
Who ever does this will have a feather in their hat, as far as I'm conserned.
The name of the Magizine has been stated in this thread.
All we really need is the photographer's insight.
He may be the person that has a personal record of his pics history.

Infact, he might be able to get us a much better resolution of these pics, compared to the reduced sizes that Mags do to their pics.

Heck, We could probably buy the back issue from the Mag itself and scan in the pics with a snanner, if there was no other option...

Who ever pulls this off should start a thread devoted to this artical.

======================Good luck to those who attempt this research.==========================

I have actually been tempted to send them an e-mail to see if they could fix it. but I couldn't find an e-mail address.

edit: don't mind me i found the e-mail address and e-mailed them.

Hey wannus. I just want to tell you that I PM'd you while you were on the site. Any reason why I haven't't heard from you?

Has anyone got the whole article incl. pictures ? Because I just bought a STS D30M and I thought that I would try this on my "old" S25 then. Just to see how much more power I could get out of it.

i tried to mod my axial 28 and i screwed it up bigtime........the engine was making all of these weird noises......the engine also was revving way too high for too long......didnt calm down after the truck slowed down and eventually stopped......overall it messed up the engine bigtime....

i do not recommend modding an engine unless you have 100% steady hands and you know what you are doing because it will most likely not work and screw up the engine......... JUST SO EVERY1 who didnt do it yet knows....

i got ny star 25 modded by a great guy from s&w mods wich he dosent do bussiness any more but it hauls he did the crank carb and everthing i run 30 ace by trinty and i get 20 mins of runtime on wot whole time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back