Mods an Admins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy1822

Savage Owner
I know this is gooing to sound kinda mushy, but I'm doing it anyway lol. I just want to show a little appreitiation for the job these guys are doing.

I just went to s/c to keep in touch with some of the guys and read a multi page flame session taht is over two years old. The mods should have stopped it then, but they are absent as usual. This thread ended up with a productive member being thrashed by a long time trouble maker. This guy (Integra) should have been banned a long time ago. What happens is guys like me end up slinging mud back out of fustration. The mods here don't let that happen.

I find myself more relaxed here and I really enjoy my time on this site. I know I'm not going to have to deal with the kind of crap that happpens on sites with absentee mods and missing admins.

If you agree with me, chime in. I know its corney, but a little pat on the back never hurt anybody.

I know this is gooing to sound kinda mushy, but I'm doing it anyway lol. I just want to show a little appreitiation for the job these guys are doing.

I just went to s/c to keep in touch with some of the guys and read a multi page flame session taht is over two years old. The mods should have stopped it then, but they are absent as usual. This thread ended up with a productive member being thrashed by a long time trouble maker. This guy (Integra) should have been banned a long time ago. What happens is guys like me end up slinging mud back out of fustration. The mods here don't let that happen.

I find myself more relaxed here and I really enjoy my time on this site. I know I'm not going to have to deal with the kind of crap that happpens on sites with absentee mods and missing admins.

If you agree with me, chime in. I know its corney, but a little pat on the back never hurt anybody.

Grumpy - It's members ( Folks ) like yourself that make this an even better forum as far as I'm concerned. We will do our best to close any flaming bashing cussing. Just not productive and gets us know where. This Staff works the site pretty good. They keep a close eye out for potential issues. I may not agree with what other sites do or don't do but I respect everyone non the less.

Thanks for the complements and I'm sure that not only the Staff but everyone would agree.

Hop

I definately agree with the two of you!!
I rarely visit my other forums now...I get all the info I need here with out the "stupid newb" crud from elsewhere...when we all know something others don't and jump at the chance to make someone feel smaller than they are.

So nice to have "care free/ FLAME free site"

Thanks guys and keep it up...AWSOME JOB! <-----YES I'M SHOUTING

Yeah, the mods and admin. do a wonderful job of keeping the site runnin smoothly. I couldn't happier with the work I've done to my savvy if it wasn't for this site. I've gotten tons of help and ideas from everybody. And I plan on staying as long as the forum is still here. LONG LIVE HPISF!!!!!!!!!

Thanks grumpy, I hate seeing people get bashed on other forums, makes me sick.

Oregonmud said:
I have seen you do the same grumpy (SV250) and thats why I stopped going to SC was because of you. I admit Integra was worse to people. But you are just as guilty.

I believe that Grumpy stated that... ↑↑↑ in his post....

grumpy1822 said:
What happens is guys like me end up slinging mud back out of fustration.

I am just as guilty of this as well, and I understand what he means. When it comes to someone popping off on myself, or another member, and I vehemently disagree - I blow up and let 'em have it!

I believe I have even had that problem on this site once. (a sticker deal, or some such...).

I think what grumpy is saying, is that when issues are kept in check by the staff, it helps members with no patience (i.e. Grumpy and Moto) from blowing things out of proportion. The staff and members here at HPISF very astute, and quick to extinguish issues, and that is what keeps it a great forum!

Back in the "oldern days" Oregon, the post you made in this very thread would have set me off. Because I would have assumed that you didn't read his post carefully, and you were just trying to start something.

"Now-a-days" I understand that you probably got a good thrashin' by SV250 and others, read some threads and posts by those same folks that you didn't like, and/or you are just generally sour about it.

That is cool. I totally get it. I just beg you to only judge the members of this forum by their actions on this forum!!! This is a great place to turn over a new leaf.

Thanks for your comments Jimmy.

Moto

|​

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly the point of my post - it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to know what anyone is thinking, or what they "really meant" on a forum.

Therein lies the potential for battles.

PS - my last post wasn't to point fingers, place blame, or ostracize you. Just an overall good rule of thumb for all of our members!

:werd:​

I agree with the good modding and administration here. The guys do a great job keeping the firing squads at bay. I know exactly what was being talked about with flaming. There was a forum I used to frequent, and the mods and admins almost didn't exist anymore. What started to be an excellent forum turned into an absolute fire fight between even good members! BUT as was stated before, some people can be quick to fling the hammer, since there's no real expression in a forum.

I've noticed that fact time and time again, as people are to quick to toss in bad notations at people for posting their opinions. I personally want to say, "Good job guys, well done!" to all of the moderators, and Administrators here. :) Excellent job my friends!

I hardly every check out the other forums anymore because this place is friendly and well-taken care of. Good job mods and admins.

Look I deleted a lot of posts. Someone posted a nice post and it turned out into a name calling post fest. That was the exact thing that we do not like. What someone does on another forum I don't care. Please no name dropping also. The only place that is important to me is HPISF. Thank you for the compliment Grumpy.
Peace all.
John:resp::resp::resp:

First off We appreciate it Grumpy. You along with all the members make this a great place as well. We all like to help and to be helped. Everyone seems to be very friendly on this wonderful forum. Thanks

Mega, thanks for deleting the posts no need to start a flame war out of a good friendly thankful post. Why start this now?

LOL! A Jester-ism! I love it! HAHAH That's just tooo funny!

Don't let it bother you though man. We all make mistakes, it's part of our nature! :D

I replied to a topic where the subject was "What is your opinion...?" and although, if this were any other forum, my response probably would've been deleted, but here it was not. I've seen arguments on other sites where the topic is "What's your opinion...?" and half the posts get deleted. Someone doesn't like your opinion, they sweep it under the rug... even though they asked for it.
So I applaud you.
Now let's go club some baby seals!!!

I know this is going to sound kinda mushy, but I'm doing it anyway lol. I just want to show a little appreciation for the job these guys are doing.

I just went to s/c to keep in touch with some of the guys and read a multi page flame session that is over two years old. The mods should have stopped it then, but they are absent as usual. This thread ended up with a productive member being thrashed by a long time trouble maker. This guy (Integra) should have been banned a long time ago. What happens is guys like me end up slinging mud back out of frustration. The mods here dint let that happen.

I find myself more relaxed here and I really enjoy my time on this site. I know I'm not going to have to deal with the kind of crap that happens on sites with absentee mods and missing admins.

If you agree with me, chime in. I know its Corney, but a little pat on the back never hurt anybody.

thank you ,

I like to think of this place as a safe haven for any of our kids to visit safely.

That means they only learn about RC and how to be a good person.

NOT learn bad words, see bad pics or meet bad people.

thanks to everyone who sets this tone

newbies to the man HOPALONG.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree fully this is a place for the family of rc my son is 7 and he loves to come on here and check out vids and pics and if it wernt for the mods and admins that would not be safe. so what i am saying is thank you for the excellent job and keep up the good work. my family will be staying right here where it is respectfull and safe what more could we ask for thanks again.

My previous post had nothing to do with you mods deleting the stuff in this post, btw. I just meant it was cool I didn't get deleted in another post somewhere else.

This is the best Savage forum on the web! It's due to the awsome members as well as an attentive staff. If I was a mod on some of those other sites I'd probly leave too. Thanks to everyone for making this site what it is. I may not have the time available to get on here as much as I like, but, when I do get the time this is where I go.

I just helped a freind buy a savage for his 10 year old son. Neither have any r/c exp. My freind wants his son to do this all on his own to get him off the xbox. Hes a good kid eager to learn. I've been helping him when I can. I gave him this site's add. to learn from. I'm confident he wont get any flack here. Other sites would jump all over him because hes new and dosent know anything.

I've been shocked to find the number of young members we have. They integrate into the membership very well, and are a welcome addition that is treated equally by all. (At least they BETTER BE treated well... ban ban ban!!!)

Latest posts

Members online

Back