Modified a k46 carb onto my f46 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I've been modding my engine ever since I got my truck. I did some porting, polishing. Especially on the crank.
hpi ribbed pipe and some other things I tried and ditched.

But today I was looking at this k46 motor I bought off ebay that was complete garbage. I got my money back for it, but its just garbage. However the carb looks ok. So I wanted to stick it on my engine since its larger.

BUT... the stupid carb body is .040" larger than my f46's carb.

Idealy I would have liked to turn this down at work on my lathe. But, I wasn't about to drive all the way there for this experiment. So, I hopped on my bench grinder lol

And started to giver. Ground off the material while keeping things fairly round and true.

Got it on my engine and holy ****! Its gnarly... It really gave me some more kick and the needles are basically at factory settings. So, I have some tweaking to do.
Picture047-1.jpg

Picture048-2.jpg

Yeah... You've all seen a carb before. Pics are kind of dumb, but I guess it shows I have mad grinding skills.

Thought I would share my project.

That would have to be some pretty good free hand grinding there buddy. Nice innovation, I was thinking of hogging out my F4.6 carb. Atleast widening the venturi if not the whole thing.

Is there much of a difference between the carbs on the f4.6 and the k4.6?

Well the k is an 8.5 mm while the f is a 7.5.
The f46 makes its top power like... 3000rpm faster than the k I believe. And I'm sure its because of the intake (smaller, equalizing a steady air flow quicker than a larger tb would), plus the stock crank grinding.

So, its bigger, allows more air in. Figured I would try, seems good so far. I need to play with it more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back