Modified 5.9 pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrojedi

for anyone interested here are some pictures of a 5.9 i just modified.... still needs a little cleanup in the ports but its good enough for pics

Buds59001.jpg

Buds59002.jpg

Buds59004.jpg

Buds59005.jpg

Buds59006.jpg

Buds59008.jpg

Buds59009.jpg

Buds59010.jpg

Buds59012.jpg

Buds59013.jpg

exuse my lasyness for not doing a search but when you port a sleeve what do you use toolwise as well how do you know when you have the proper angle for it to be done right??
p.s. I don't think i'm ready to try it yet I'm just kinda curious on the rules behind it.

do you have the before pics?

boost port looks big

Very nice work bud. I'm with these guys did you do anything to the crank and have before Pict's.

Also I know you didn't put the dimples below the exhaust port but what the heck are they for? I have always wondered that.

I am not done the motor yet, crank is in the works....Pics likely tonight or tommorow

You cut the guide out of the front port right. Whats to keep the piston from hitting the sleeve if this mill gets too hot? I see what you are trying to do. But I think that could also cause the death of this mill...

Not just a statement... I want to know what you think about this!! ???

Crank looks nice!

You cut the guide out of the front port right. Whats to keep the piston from hitting the sleeve if this mill gets too hot? I see what you are trying to do. But I think that could also cause the death of this mill...

Not just a statement... I want to know what you think about this!! ???

Crank looks nice!

i have no worries about this at all... many motors have boost ports configured like this... besides the exhaust port is already a larger port then my boost port and it has no issues with piston catching..i have done this to the SH motors I modify as well !!!

thanks for the compliments guys !!

Cool just a thought. I know the exhaust port is large but I was thinking about them being on opposite sides like that and how the expansion and contraction would effect it.

The motor will be fast for sure, however I truly do not see it lasting very long if its pushed hard.... i have it timed like a full blown Italian race engine, so its going to be making RPM it was never intended too...However with such big displacement it should make some decent power..

The motor will be fast for sure, however I truly do not see it lasting very long if its pushed hard.... i have it timed like a full blown Italian race engine, so its going to be making RPM it was never intended too...However with such big displacement it should make some decent power..

Thats the issue. Ive seen a few blown 5.9s already with no modding. I think they have too much pinch and a weak rod.

Thats the issue. Ive seen a few blown 5.9s already with no modding. I think they have too much pinch and a weak rod.

this one doesn't have that much pinch... most likely they are just inconsistent on piston fitments..some good ones and some bad ones...

Cool just a thought. I know the exhaust port is large but I was thinking about them being on opposite sides like that and how the expansion and contraction would effect it.

well see the thing is that there is a 50 degree separation between the exhaust port opening and the boost port opening, so directly across from the boost port the exhaust port is quite narrow, its only after the boost port closes that the exhaust port widens out...the piston has plenty of support on both sides...where the exhaust is the widest the boost is already long closed..........

The issue is these engines are poorly designed right from square one, they have extremely small ports that severely choke the engine back, so because the ports are so tiny it leaves me room to widen out the ports without issue, you should look insude a Picco 28 if you want to see huge ports !!!! simly massive, likely the biggest ports of any of the modern 28 engines....

the motor will fit. i'm not sure if the 5.9 header will work. because of the XL extended tvp the header has a sweep to it rather than the sharp 90 degree turns. the 4.6 header works fine. i put the 5.9 in my 25 and use that header no problem.

i was looking into fitting the 5.9 engine into the savage x but i was wondering if the standard 2 speed box could handle it?

thanks. maybe ill post some pics when i get it done. my first forum, still getting the hang of posting

don't feel bad we've all been there "first time in forum" and welcome to the hpisf family my friend, I'm looking forward to hearing more about how much you like or dislike the 5.9!!!

is this mill for yourself or a customer jedi? just wondering if we're gonna see a vid... seen many modded mills, but haven't seen the k5.9 modded yet

:joker:does anybody know about losing the crank balance by polishing and porting it? Nice work dude.

Just curious as to what kind of provemnts the modd wil make in a xl ? Top speed ? Less overheating ?

Just curious as to what kind of provemnts the modd wil make in a xl ? Top speed ? Less overheating ?

wow, old post. nitrojedi wont be answering your question.

i know a couple other modders have run mod testing on this mill with less-than-desireable results compared to .28's, I'm sure they'll chime in & let ya know.

Latest posts

Members online

Back