Model identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiky1212

Can I identify the model of savage I have from the vin number . I got an old one from a shed with a siezed motor and electrics pulled apart wanting to get her going

How do I work out the motor size I has the rotor start thingy . Says HPI on the top ofheat since twice and on the side of the case 16728067473857287029730853219861.jpg

Its looks like the HPI 4.6, a good replacement that I've used is the Force .28 and the Dynomite Big Red .28 they're decent nitro engines for the price. Some people go for the HPI 5.9 or an LRP .32.

Just gummed up will get it going I need to find a fuel tank too

Awesome thanks legends I got the thing turning over now too yey
Great that you have got it freed up, but I would strip it down and give the insides a good clean before you try firing it up. Do the carb as well.. It will probably be pretty manky inside.
You can use fresh Nitro fuel or Denatured Alcohol for this, soak all the parts then use a toothbrush on them, remember to re oil all the parts with after run oil before you re-assemble it.

Thanks will do. I'm going to swap the rusty clutch bell thing are there other associated parts I should order while I order . Any suggested upgrades or problematic areas I should keep spares for

Spare batteries, glow plugs, drive shafts and perhaps servos. Upgrades are up to the user. Only thing I upgraded was hardened Clutch bell and spur gear.

Thanks will do. I'm going to swap the rusty clutch bell thing are there other associated parts I should order while I order . Any suggested upgrades or problematic areas I should keep spares for
Spare batteries, glow plugs, drive shafts and perhaps servos. Upgrades are up to the user. Only thing I upgraded was hardened Clutch bell and spur gear.
Like hwrd442 says it's a good idea to go with the hardened clutch & spur. Spare Dog bones are always good to have. A rechargeable battery hump is the way to go in the battery department. 17mm wheel hexs are also a good upgrade if your truck doesn't already have them but would mean changing to 17mm hex wheels. Looks like you have these already tho. Bearings top & bottom on the steering posts is also a good upgrade along with a 35kg steering servo. It's always best to leave it plastic as well as plastic flexes and absorbs shock, ally looks good but puts alot of weight on the truck and is alot less forgiving. It might be a good idea to replace the oil in the shocks, it does get contaminated over time, a 50wt oil would work well. As for upgrades like hwrd442 says , it's all down to the user, that's the beauty of the hobby. I have 13 Savages and every one is different & unique.

The soldering iron placed on damaged hex head worked for me with it helping to concentrate heat where needed! 👍🏻

Once heated up by what ever means you choose I find a good T key hex wrench works well as the spring affect of the T key shaft works abit like an impact drive would & shocks the bolt loose. Just make sure it has a good end on it and not worn.

T Key Hex Wrenches
1673043350795.jpeg

Hey guys. So update pulled motor apart broken crank. So ordered an alpha .28 + clutch kit and bell. I want to change out the battery pack I have a cheap 3s LiPo is this over kill could I use a voltage step down and upgrade my servos for something faster and stronger . Is that the thing to do,?

Attachments

• 1674802608633380342043012547670.jpg
    1674802608633380342043012547670.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 2
You could but a 2s would be smaller and less work for a bec. Id recommend the castle bec 2.0 it can handle up to 58v and is 15a so it's perfect for a torque servo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back