Missing Setscrew?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRPSavage

I was out bashing today fairly lightly. No jumps or doughnuts or anything stressful on the drive train. Noticed the back differential locked up and only the front wheels will turn. Everything else looks fine. No stripped gears or metal in the diff housing. It appears to be a missing set screw. If anyone can confirm that would be greatly appreciated.
rear diff.JPG

set screw.JPG

@LRPSavage

WHEN YOU SAY "LOCKED" DO YOU MEAN NO DRIVING POWER TO REAR WHEELS OR REAR WHEELS DON'T TURN AT ALL ?
PIC OF GRUB SCREW 86094 THAT IF MISSING YOU LOOSE DRIVE TO REAR DIFF.

1594447716590.png

Last edited:
@LRPSavage

WHEN YOU SAY "LOCKED" DO YOU MEAN NO DRIVING POWER OR WHEELS DON'T TURN AT ALL ?
The wheels would spin (opposite directions like normal,)but the diff wouldn’t. As a test, I placed a similar diameter pin in the hole and everything seemed to rotate and function as normal. I didn’t have driving power but the wheels would spin fine by hand. I ordered both 86094 and 86095 just to be prepared for the future.

The wheels would spin (opposite directions like normal,)but the diff wouldn’t. As a test, I placed a similar diameter pin in the hole and everything seemed to rotate and function as normal. I didn’t have driving power but the wheels would spin fine by hand. I ordered both 86094 and 86095 just to be prepared for the future.
Thanks for the diagram and looking out. I appreciate it!

NO PROBLEM , HAPPY BASHING ....

Had the same issue in did some research and yes the screw came loose and well gone now lol great for this forum!! Part number 86094 from Amazon.

@LRPSavage

WHEN YOU SAY "LOCKED" DO YOU MEAN NO DRIVING POWER TO REAR WHEELS OR REAR WHEELS DON'T TURN AT ALL ?

View attachment 8215
See the pic of the grub screw needed, it lines up with a hole in the shaft and drive cup unit, even has a part number for reference also don't forget to add a drop of locktite blue to the threaded part ..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back