Mini rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgesBlazah

I'm sure most of you guys saw my Carnage pics from a week or so ago. If not...Ill post 1 pic here.

savage014.jpg

This is what is left of my still "brand new" Axial .28

savage.jpg

I also bent the rod in my lil mishap. Anyway onto the good news. This is whats I'm planning on/Have ordered:

FLM Low CG TVPs - Check!
FLM Skid plate - Check!
FLM servo mount - Check!
FLM servo plate - Check!
School Bus body - Check!
OS 30 - Ordered but not here yet
Screw kit - not yet orderd, but thinking of using Tonys screw kit.
AquaCraft Flip Top Fuel Tank 180cc - Check!
New Era Rollcage _ Ordered, but haven't received yet.

Here are some pics I have.

savage016.jpg

Wheels really don't line up and I threw away the papers for it already. I'm just going to cut the rear wheel well opening bigger before I paint it.

FLM stuff

savage017.jpg

FLM TVP and Stock TVP
savage018.jpg

The FLM tvps are not heavy AT ALL either.

Oh and I had some spray paint lying around and I had an hour to kill so I painted my wheels.

savage019.jpg

Kinda looks like poo, but theyll be coverd in dirt anyway so it really deosnt matter to me.

Just the regular school bus yellow with black stripes :D I was thinking about reversing the color and having the body black and stripes yellow.

mark your wheel openings on the outside with a sharpie then paint and trim. that way you wont get paint on the outside bcuz the film peels off where you cut.

I saw an awesome paint-job/scheme on one of those bodies, for sale on eBay...

they painted it up (and used pictures and XXX-main photo glue) to look like the school bus from South Park...

I LOVE my FLM Extended TVP's!!!

also, if you aren't gonna use the broken .28 for anything I'd take it off your hands...PM me and let me know what you'd want for it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the comparison of your aftermarket FLM tvps vs stock. Great pic. Plus the FLm skid looks different than the one on their site. Looks cool keep up the good work

agreed hop, it looks a bit as though more metal has been milled from it. looking good so far buddy, that shell is looking sweet, reversed paint would be very cool, imo.

I've seen 2 different styles of skid plates from them...the one pictured, and the solid one shown on their site...

let me know how that roll bar works for you i have been looking at getting that same one for both of mine.

I will...Ill definalty be puttin some abuse on it too. It is sturdy as hell though. My screw kit should be here any day now too, so I can get started. :chainkiller:

George were did you pick up those FLM parts ( I really like that center plate )? You got yourself a killer engine bud as well as I can't wait to see that bar on your setup. What flywheel combo are you going to use w/ that engine?

http://www.rc-monster.com/index.php

Is where I orderd the FLM parts. I picked the closest location to me that I could order off of the site from. On FLMs site they list a bunch of other locations too, so you might be able to find one near you. However I think most of the time things ship out factory direct. Thanks, I hope the engine is all its made up to be. I was really happy with my Axial .28, but I want more power(for some strange reason). I bought the truck second hand, but I belive it still has the factory Savage 25 combo...whatever that is. 18/49 I think....It moved really nice with the Axial on them, so I don't think I'm gonna change it yet. I will see how this engine works with those.

I dunno if you saw my post on page one or not, but I'll mention it again...are you going to do anything with the broken Ax .28? If not I'd be interested in it...if you want, PM me with what you'd like out of it...

I'm done!! I think anyways. Here are some pics. They are fomr my camera phone cause my digital camera recently took a dump on me.

0325072148.jpg

0325072148a.jpg

0325072148b.jpg

0327072325.jpg

0327072325a.jpg

0330070108.jpg

My first inline throttle setup. I don't know if I'm happy with it. I will proably change it up and make it look a lil cleaner soon. I gotta see how it works first. Any tips/comments would help for it.

0330070108a.jpg

0330070109.jpg

0330070111.jpg

Looks good. I see that you might run into the same problem I did with your brake linkage setup. Do your brakes engage when you go WOT? By the looks of your setup it might. I can help you out if thats the case.

actually, i was going to suggest losing the "bend" where your brake rod connects to the brake arm, as when moving back and forth, that set-up may very likely work it's way completely out...I would suggest putting another rod stopper on the other side of it, on a straight linkage rod...

Looks good. I see that you might run into the same problem I did with your brake linkage setup. Do your brakes engage when you go WOT? By the looks of your setup it might. I can help you out if thats the case.

I don't think so...but I will check it out. I haven't broekn in the motor yet.

actually, i was going to suggest losing the "bend" where your brake rod connects to the brake arm, as when moving back and forth, that set-up may very likely work it's way completely out...I would suggest putting another rod stopper on the other side of it, on a straight linkage rod...

Yeah I'm gonna pick up some more stoppers and stuff this weekend. I am not happy with the linkage that geos to theconnects on the post to move the carb. Thats something I do want to shange.

Its easiest to check it the brakes are going to go on when the truck is not running. Turn the truck and the radio on and hold WOT on the radio and try and push the truck. I had to lengthen the brake linkage and allow it to slide free when you hit the throttle because the brakes engage weather you push or pull the arm. Here is what I did and it works great.

Members online

No members online now.
Back