Might Go B/L ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xll-SavageX-llx

★ CaNaDa Eh ★
Hey guys iv been thinking alot for the last few days about getting a FLUX.. They announced the FLUX 2350 and from what Joe said there going for $800 USD, so i was thinking usually when they have some thing new to replace some thing old the old items price will decrease and me being cheap i would think and hope the price goes down on the flux hp even buy $50 or $70...
At my lhs they go for $570 w/ 2.4 GHz radio ..

That being said besides the charging / storing bag, lipos & charger what else do i need ??
Please post links and be reasonable on the prices =D
Freddy and i were talking in the shout today and i ask if 2S x2 would be good but he said go with the 2S + 3S

** ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME **

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i did some looking around on YouTube here is a guy running x2 Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C LiPo Pack ::
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zzCjTvT0XE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zzCjTvT0XE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

There a little on the cheap side I'm not sure if the saying " You get what you pay for " applies to these lipos but I'm thinking it does -.-

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...Product_Name=Turnigy_5000mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack
Tell me what you guys think.
or should i stick to the 2S + 3S ??

Not always man. I have dirt cheap LiPos for my heli and they have been great! I paid like $17.99 a piece for 3S, 2200mah, 25C batts LOL. Never had a problem with one!

This is my problem i feel "new' now LOL ..
So according to ebee the 6s will kill the esc correct ??
and as Mike said "dirt cheap" some times can keep it's word and work great or some times mess up in ways we don't wont them too haha

LINKS PEOPLE !!

I'm not sure about the ESC on this new one. Obviously the FLUX HP can run 6S, but I'm not into electric. If you get a regular FLUX you should be able to run 6S no problem but I think you'll want higher than 20C rated batts. More like 35C or more I would think.

Freddy and i were talking in the shout today and i ask if 2S x2 would be good but he said go with the 2S + 3S

I didn't tell YOU to run 5s, i said like 5s in my Savage and told you batt requirements. You need to run whichever voltage combo from whichever battery retailer your comfortable.

I WOULD strongly recommend hard case tho. Personal preference.

Not always man. I have dirt cheap LiPos for my heli and they have been great! I paid like $17.99 a piece for 3S, 2200mah, 25C batts LOL. Never had a problem with one!

I bought cheapies for my heli also. I'd be reluctant to run them in the Savage for 2 reasons:
1. Weight of the Savage vs. a heli.
2. Braking. On a Savage, the ESC will send power back through to the batteries when you apply the brakes (unless you disable them through the esc & run mechanical brakes with a servo).

Many swear by the cheapies in a B/L truck, personal preference

This is my problem i feel "new' now LOL ..
So according to ebee the 6s will kill the esc correct ??
and as Mike said "dirt cheap" some times can keep it's word and work great or some times mess up in ways we don't wont them too haha
LINKS PEOPLE !!

I love this line ".....So according to ebee 6s will kill the esc correct ?? .."

Are we talking the Flux/Blur ESC or this new Savage ESC?

If we're talking the esc on the new flux, idk , haven't seen the specs.

on the Flux/blur......My Answer? It could. The Max rating is 125a, 25v & on 6s although its gonna tell you 22.2v your packs will likely charge higher, up to or over 25v. Can the ESC handle it? Maybe, but youre pushing it to its limits moving an extremely heavy R/C and its not the best-built unit to begin with.

If you get a regular FLUX you should be able to run 6S no problem but I think you'll want higher than 20C rated batts. More like 35C or more I would think.

Great Advice Mike. I agree with the 35c because i don't think there is an industry standard that battery resellers, mfg's whatever
must follow when calculating the c-rating so you "could" be getting less discharge rate than that which is stated. could result in esc failure.

Do not skimp on the lipos!!!!

I have some semi decent 3s packs which are 35c and rated at 3700mah....
I also have the same packs as frddy, 3s hyperion 6500mah 35c...

The hyperions make my truck feel like it is the difference between 5s and 6s! The hyperions are amazing lipos! They have so much punch compared to my other decent lipos.

I will be trying the turnigys though when i run the 9s setup as its a lot of lipos to buy, but also 9s will be overkill anyway so i don't think i will need the extra punch of the hyperion lipos.

If you are running 5s you should spend the money and get some decent lipos. You will be so much happier and they would outlast any cheapo ones... Also what i feel is important... They will put your mind at ease when you are beating the crap out of your truck, knowing that your lipos are most probably not the culprit if something goes wrong

If you are running 5s you should spend the money and get some decent lipos. You will be so much happier and they would outlast any cheapo ones...

Not sure how you could "tell" or "test" this statement to see if it holds true.

I mean, in "theory" it makes a valid argument, but IMO there are too many other variables with 1/8 scale equipment (and the people using them) and especially the weight of the truck to call any one particular battery brand the culprit.

Another point that makes me wonder is this.........

Do you hear about more 'cheapo' lipos failing because they cost less and more people are running them? Could it be a matter of simple math?

I mean if Company A sells 1,000,000 lipos and 30,000 lipos fail &
............ Company B sells .......1000 lipos and .....30 lipos fail,

Both brands have a failure rate of 3% but more people had a Company A failure because more people bought company A lipos.

I don't think we have enough data to prove/disprove the "outlast" comment.

That being said, I love my MaxAmps and Hyperion Lipos. They work, charge & balance perfectly. My personal preferance at this point is with the Maxamps for a couple reasons:

1. The packs are relatively small & fit nice into my truck.
2. They are hard-case (hyperion did not offer hard case when i bought them).
3. Maxamps gives a warranty which gives a degree of peace of mind.

i know what you are saying frddy is all true... but i do still believe in "you get what you pay for" I'm not dissing on cheapo lipos as i am happy to use them. But i honestly believe that my more expensive hyperions are out performing my other 3s lipos (Which are a famous UK brand) and only getting stronger with every charge!!!

MAX AMPS OFFER WARRANTY!!!! i know where i am going next. Warranty is nice on something as unpredictable as lipos.

i have no problem with cheap lipos, i have a couple, but 100a constant isnt enough to keep MMMs from smoking for whatever reason

Here is a FLUX HP running on x2 2S SMC packs
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/44NWnAnuLrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/44NWnAnuLrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

MaxAmps is a great company to deal with IMO. Great customer service, quick shipping, awesome warranty. They just did a big improvement to their warranty also, made it even better, for a longer period of time on Lipos I believe.

well lipos are always a big debate. some will argue your nuts to spend big bucks on lipos as the "cheap ones are better and cheaper, and some will say that you get what you pay for so go big or go home. Ive heard of every LiPo out there having issues, but the thing is no one likes everything. theres always gonna be mixed reviews. Ive personally ran SMC, MaxAmps, hyperion, and Zippy. I have not had an issue with any, however i invested in a good charger, read up lots (and listened to the members here, lots of good advice from the guys!) and i was always cautious on my settings. LVC set at 3.5v. Ive never had issues that have killed a pack or ESC. So if you want to try cheap go for it, if you want to save and invest in higher dollars ones, enjoy, either way, take your time, read lots, and be cautious. these are not ticking bombs, but they do require a certain respect.

well lipos are always a big debate. some will argue your nuts to spend big bucks on lipos as the "cheap ones are better and cheaper, and some will say that you get what you pay for so go big or go home. Ive heard of every LiPo out there having issues, but the thing is no one likes everything. theres always gonna be mixed reviews. Ive personally ran SMC, MaxAmps, hyperion, and Zippy. I have not had an issue with any, however i invested in a good charger, read up lots (and listened to the members here, lots of good advice from the guys!) and i was always cautious on my settings. LVC set at 3.5v. Ive never had issues that have killed a pack or ESC. So if you want to try cheap go for it, if you want to save and invest in higher dollars ones, enjoy, either way, take your time, read lots, and be cautious. these are not ticking bombs, but they do require a certain respect.

Well said! +1

+1, I have had the same experience, except I run cheap ones for my 450 heli. I have been very careful with them and make sure they balance well on every charge, but they have also been through WOT crashes at like 40 mph straight into the ground, and been launch 30 feet from the heli (most likely from a blade strike) and they are soft packs and I still haven't had one puff yet. IMO the main risk is overdischarging. As long as you have a good charger and your cutoff is set on the safe side, I think Lipos are pretty safe. I still monitor them while they are charging and would never leave the house with one plugged in, but I'm not nearly as worried about them as I was to start with.

I'm with yea... I have 2 of the big names and all I can see is the dent in my wallet. The only way Id try cheepys though is if they had a HUGE C rating 40+ that way I know Id have at least the 25 C needed for the savage. Caz If its a $30 buck or less LiPo there is NO QC there at all

Hey guys iv been thinking alot for the last few days about getting a FLUX.. They announced the FLUX 2350 and from what Joe said there going for $800 USD, so i was thinking usually when they have some thing new to replace some thing old the old items price will decrease and me being cheap i would think and hope the price goes down on the flux hp even buy $50 or $70...

FLUX 2350 - This is a 4S truck ...... Not 5 or 6 so you can narrow your thoughts and searches if you want this model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 20 buck lipos that are 20c, they never get warm running my sidewinder 5700 at wot. I think its a true rating

I'm with yea... I have 2 of the big names and all I can see is the dent in my wallet. The only way Id try cheepys though is if they had a HUGE C rating 40+ that way I know Id have at least the 25 C needed for the savage. Caz If its a $30 buck or less LiPo there is NO QC there at all

Just say i found a elcheapo pack that has a 40C+ DC, would you recommend it ??

If its a $30 buck or less LiPo there is NO QC there at all

I'm With you on this. Something i failed to mention, when a pack leaves hobby king it could go out the door with a dead cell (ive heard it happen) where as max amps are going to be sending you a brand new made to order pack. another thing to consider. plus MaxAmps supports the forum we love so much, that has to count for something as well!
hpisfgreen

Latest posts

Members online

Back