Might get a used X, what are common problems with these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
I was in my LHS and the guy working there told me about a local kid wanting to buy a new XL and he wants to sell his Savage X for $75. He said it ran but beyond that he didn't know much about it. I'm assuming it has the 2 speed tranny which I've never worked with and I don't know what motor it has. I'm thinking for $75 bucks it will be good for spare parts if nothing else. I just got the Futaba 3PM and only have the XL on it so far. I could always convert the used one to 2.4Ghz. I'm also tryin' to talk my cousin into a savage but he does not want to spend the money so I may pick it up and sell it to him. What are common problems/issues to look for in a used X??? I have only worked on my XL, but I know much of the stuff is the same on these trucks. Is there any potential problems I should be on the look out for that would be different from my XL? You guys think this is a good price?

even if it didnt run for 75 bucks thats a steal.... you could easily part it out for that or more, just look for obvious wear and tear along with how smoothly it rolls and what not.

Seems like it is worth it. XL and x only differ in bones axles trans and motor. I say yea get it if it runs sell it to your cousen it will give you someone to bash with.

if it is an original x they came with plastic diff cups you may want to change that to the alloy ones but other then that it is pretty much the same as your xl and 75 is a steal

even if it didnt run for 75 bucks thats a steal.... you could easily part it out for that or more, just look for obvious wear and tear along with how smoothly it rolls and what not.

+1, $75 is a good price for a roller as-long-as your not thinking of fixing & selling for a profit.

you can buy a F4.6 on www.sickhobbies.com for $100

if the diffs & bulks are in good shape, then those alone are worth $40-$50

yep most rollers on ebay go for about $110-130 and they don't run so thats a steal.........

Thanks guys I'm gonna try to get it, and if my cousin wants it he can have it, if not I'll keep it. I don't have anyone to bash with so I'm tryin to get more people. Another buddy of ours was into the hobby quite a few years back and he is interested in all the brushless stuff coming out so I'm hoping he'll end up with something as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back