Mid tankin it with a twist!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puckamahow racing

So I've had the parts layin round since before winter set in and was in the process of moving and all but now that we are settled again i decided to start my build but with a bit of a twist and a few fabed up parts!

here's a few pics to start and more will come as the build goes on....hoping to have a review and vids posted by the weeked to see how this is gonna work out!!.....cheers enjoy the build........Leon!

heres the start of the goodies
winterbuild001.jpg

this is going to be the front end with the diff and drives put o the back as it has 70'000 weight diff fluid
winterbuild002-1.jpg

heres the twist part...lol

winterbuild004.jpg

this is whats in the kit looks strong enough...but proof is in the pudding!
winterbuild008.jpg

winterbuild007.jpg

winterbuild006.jpg

winterbuild005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the pics are fixed now..ty.....this just came into play today and i'm off work for another week so garanteed this will be rippin by the weekend!!!

heep the pics coming.....

Damn that's sick... I would really like to see this thing in action! Thanks for sharing.

Nice truck man keep us updated. Maybe even make another thread and review the skis. Have fun with it.

shoot a vid if you can.

ive heard talk of the ski's on a savage.

never seen one run before tho.

more build pics

A few more pics from the build!

Heres the powerplant for he job it's outa a basher it will do for now i'd hate to wreck a newer one from runnin in the cold!
winterbuild016.jpg

linkage setup
winterbuild017.jpg

birds eye view
winterbuild018.jpg

lol this is the reciever box
winterbuild019.jpg

don't laugh now....it's paid for...haha!
winterbuild020.jpg

Losi would be proud to see thier shocks and custom fabed reciever box on a SAVAGE!
winterbuild021.jpg

Had to get creative with the fail safe as the servo cable wasn't long enough....
winterbuild022.jpg

was thinking of the paddles but was also thinking deep snow would kill this quick....so packed snow and 6 to 8 inches of powder here and there this is what I have!
winterbuild023.jpg

with these in the hot bodies 7 inchers....a 5/8 stud with 15 on each tire
winterbuild024.jpg

For the bead locks I have a differant idea...i'm gonna try to bold some 1/2 channel aluminum around the treads from the inside to give the tire hopefully like a paddle track effect...then try it in the powder with some custom fabed side gaurds and such if these work would also like to go to a water proof system for the servos....unless someone can tell me how to water proof what I have....thanks for the replies guys this beast should be operational by tonight and videos by the weekend....i'm tryin to git er done but I'm not a good typer so updates on the comp take the longest.....lol jk...

MORE TO COME.....Leon

it's done...time to test the water!

well here it is ...hoping it warms up a bit -30c here right now!
winterbuild025.jpg

winterbuild026.jpg

winterbuild027.jpg

winterbuild028.jpg

winterbuild029.jpg

time to go make a video!!!!!....Leon

WOW!!!!! That is KILLER looking!!!! Now lets see that beast in action.. Vids please..

Latest posts

Members online

Back