mid tank ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCJUNKIE

I have 4 SAVAGE and looking to do this mid mount tank, does anyone know were I can get this conversion kit? :dunno:

Check out a section in here called j.t's mods he has been doing the mid tank mods for alot of people here hope this helps!!!!

There really isn't a specific convers. kit to do a mid-tank mod. But, there are a couple companys that have made some parts to help the mod go smoothly. I believe SMF had a servo/tank mount plate that you could use. To bad they are closing their doors though. Also, they are not as hard to do as you would think. It's just a matter of how much room you have to work with, what size tank you wanna use, and the size of reciever your using. There are quite a few members here that have mid-tanks(I'm one) and will be happy to help with what ever they can.

There really isn't a specific convers. kit to do a mid-tank mod. But, there are a couple companys that have made some parts to help the mod go smoothly. I believe SMF had a servo/tank mount plate that you could use.

actually, I think the one you are thinking of is made my FLM...may have been sold by SMF though...

as far as using the stock tank, people use whatever tank they prefer...the only thing you have to consider is how to mount it, and most of the members in here that have done it, just make their own mounts...aside from figuring out how to mount the tank, it is a pretty easy conversion to do...and as mentioned, the members here are very helpful, and will be happy to answer any questions you may have...

good luck!

actually, I think the one you are thinking of is made my FLM...may have been sold by SMF though...

Yeah, your right komodo.

And, like everybody has said, it's fairly simple to do. I did my mid-tank and also made my own TVP's. I wasn't too hard, just took a little time to get the right look I wanted.

ok what exactly is a mid tank? is it the ones usually located in the battery box and moving the servos?

Exactly. It's to help with lowering the CG and also helps alittle with the half tank lean issue that some savages are prone to have. Depending on how the swap is done, the only servo you move is the throttle/brake servo. If the stock radio box is still used with a smaller tank, the steering servo stays where it's at. If the box is removed, the steering servo is then mount to the TVP's along with the reverse servo if you have reverse.

THANKS guys Ill take a look at mine and try to come up with a configuration that I like. What the best tank to use?

I like the hell fire tank, its 150cc but man it is tight in that box. I had to cut away the side of the radio box just so it would fit.

Tank choice is all up to you and what you want and can fit. Me, I extended the TVP's up front a little more than an inch and fitted the biggest tank I could find. I used the XTM XLB tank. It's a 290cc tank, almost double the size of the stock tank.

i would like to do that,can it be done with the stock tank.
Another of the reasons for the mid tank is to not use the stock tank. It causes tuning issues for most.
I have a Savage with a 150cc OFNA tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back