mid tank mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

could some one give me a list of all the stuff i would need for a mid tank mod.
but theres is one thing I'm a bit short on cash so it will have to be pritty cheap. i can also make stuff if needs be.
thanks
4x4

I'm pretty sure you can get away without an extended chassis for the midtank, it just limits the space you have for all the items you keep in their original location...as far as the tank itself, it comes down to whatever you can fit between the tvp's, and still leave room for whatever you're leaving in the original location (ie steering servo, receiver, battery, etc), and you'll need some way of mounting the steering servo, and a brace for the top of the steering bellcrank/posts (assuming you're removing the battery box completely, which isn't always the case)

if you choose to do the throttle mod at the same time (very common) then you'll need some way of mounting the servo to the side of the chassis (seen in most pics of the throttle mod)...those are the main things...I'm fabbing the servo mounts (steering AND throttle) myself...

post up if you have any further questions...

There is a lot of tanks out there that fit/work, ofna 125cc, ofna, 145cc, hellfire 150cc, mugen 150cc, MGT 150cc, Cen Matrix 150cc Cen 220cc; certain ones fit better in the radio box than others. If you keep it simple it can stay fairly cheap, there is many pics on the forum with all of kinds of tanks, be sure to look at them for idea and don't be afraid to be creative your self. If you have questions on things, ask we are here to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replys!
megabyteme do you think you could give me a bit more info on how you did it and where you used the dremel.
thanks for the help
4x4

my stock tank move prob cost £10 at the most. i used some tamiya tt01 servo mounts, as i couldnt find any rpm ones. if you look in my project thread, youll get the idea.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back