Mid tank Lean Issues

How many actually had mid tank lean VS doing the upgrade

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finx

Curious to see how many people actually had mid tank lean issues vs doing the mid tank upgrade because you can.

I can't keep my XL from breaking an a-arm or a steering knuckle long enough to actually tell if I have lean issues or not. Time will tell when she gets better in a week.

I can't keep my XL from breaking an a-arm or a steering knuckle long enough to actually tell if I have lean issues or not. Time will tell when she gets better in a week.

Throttle control :dunno: LOL
If your tank is in the stock locations 10-1 you will have mid tank lean issues.

mine did "ok" till i changed out the plastic pipe then it would barely stay running at all.

I had lean tank issues right out the box on the first run. Believe it or not, I just got done with my mid tank setup and ran it for the second time yesturday night.

to be honest i didnt have alot of problems with the half tank lean but I'm doing a mid tank build anyway lol

I broke the fuel tank during the 5th run after break in. Not a good place for a tank regardless of the lean issue.

yes some people have done it with the stock TVP'S,maybe someone here can point you in the right direction as to how to do it!!! and yes thats one area HPI should have addressed by now !

i have heard some say it helps others say it wont do a thing,but i cant say either way as i have never tried it sorry..... my first way of avoiding the htl was to use this tank setup and most say it helps alot but its a smaller tank though so your runtime will be shortened http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=1704
my savy ran great with this setup as the tank is lower and its a different shaped tank but I'm doing a midtank now anyway lol and i like to run as long as possible between fill ups lol

Has anyone tried to run a fuel line loop to help keep fuel in the line when the tank level gets below the TVP line. The pickup is way to far below the carburetor for the exhaust to do much when the tank gets to mid or below. IMO ;)

yes some people have had success with a longer fuel line looped through the shock tower so its lower then the carb,all these idea's work to some extent!!

I guess I'm in the minority. I don't have the MTL issue with the stock tank in the stock location, and have not intention of doing the mid-tank mod.

my first way of avoiding the htl was to use this tank setup and most say it helps alot but its a smaller tank though so your runtime will be shortened http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=1704

I converted to this tank as well after experiencing MTL issues and it corrected the issue. It is a much smaller tank (only 125cc) but the one benefit I noticed with this tank was how the truck ran much longer when it was belly up.

I still wrench around with two tanks on my savage to compensate for the smaller tank and shorter run times.

I didn't really notice it with the stock s-25 engine, but with the lrp 28 it is a little more noticeable, but not enough to do a mid-tank.

I think it could be fixed by just having all of the fuel in the tank either below or above the carb. I don't think the shape of the tank really matters. I may just try raising or lowering the stock tank to see if it makes a difference.

Some issues with a mid tank lean, My real issue was I was breaking stock tanks left and right. (The E clip retainer inside of the lid would always break off)
Did the mid tank becuse all the cool kids were doing it. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back